Struggling to Create an Armor Mashup!

Efran25

Hello there folks,

I've been really struggling to create a custom armor mod recently and I'm not sure what's wrong, just posting here to see if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Background:

- So the title is a bit misleading, but I actually can and have made armor mashups for my self in Skyrim. BUT I've noticed I can only make certain kinds of armor mashups. Using Bodyslide's Out Fit Studio I can merge body parts from several mods into one and make a new armor. The thing is, it seems I can only use bits and pieces from main Armour pieces i.e. Nif models related to head, arm, legs, and torso but nothing else.

Example:

- So, I can hypothetically merge the torso of the steel plate Armour with the torso of some leather armor no problem. But, lets say there was an armor that had extra accessories that you can attach to it. Well if it seems I can't extract those accessories and place it on another mod. That piece doesn't appear in game but he main Armour pieces will. When I load up the armor in Nif Scope or creation kit, everything is there, including the accessory.

Context:

- So right now I'm trying to replace the female vanilla daedric armor ingame with the female reaper daedric armor from the nexus. I'm doing this by changing the nif path in the creation kit. The thing is, the female armor comes with an accessory, a skirt that attaches to the torso. But it's in a seperate nif. When I try to combine the torso with the skirt, I've tried both nifscope and body slide, they will join together and appear in nifscope, bodyslide, and creation kit but when I load up the game it's all missing.

Question:

- So I guess what I'm asking is, how do I merge armor pieces with technically non armor pieces, accessories (by the way the items have weights, they're not static), in skyrim without them disappearing ingame. If anyone has some armor mashup experience or can point me in the right direction that'd be awesome.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and take care!

• 1 year later...

Wow, never expected to get a question on this. I stopped modding a while ago but I figured out how to get those accessory parts to work and how to add custom parts in outfit studios without them disappearing some time ago.

Essentially, those extra parts that keep vanishing when you go in game, you have to attach them to a part of the body under the bones tab in outfits studio. Once you do that you're good to go.

Here's some tutorials I found on YouTube (I did a super quick search just now) just skip through it until you find the part that shows you how to use the bones tab properly on Outfit studios. Once you see that, you should get a gist of what to do and it only takes a couple minutes of tinkering to figure it out.

Content Warning: The YouTube videos I'm linking show features of the female Skyrim body model, if you don't want to see it then don't click on the link! There isn't any nudity (I think, i haven't looked through the entire vids, I just looked to see if they had the part I was looking for which they do) but I want people to know just in case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMI4i8v0O_c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Aahu4HZob8&t=432s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbTf9A6qK8c

Hope this helps and best of luck! Hope you end up enjoying the game or creating, I just kept modding and never playing the game lol

This method really helped me make a bunch of nice stuff for myself, happy modding :D

Efran