On 20th Century Weapons & Einherjrar

ramare

I recently came back to Fallout, after Skyrim rekindled my old love of Bethesda games. I remembered 20th Century Weapons, from mods that went under my "freaking awesome" category, and since I wanted to play New Vegas first, I went looking there. There was a port, but it is under moderator review. But, I'm not here to talk about that. I'm here for a bit more worrying reason. After that, I went looking around a bit harder to see if there was a proper port by Einherjrar himself. There wasn't, that I saw, but I'm also not here to talk about that. What I am here to talk about, was that when I went looking for the original Fallout 3 mod, it wasn't there. And, seemingly, neither is Einherjrar. If the mod was still there, but under moderator review, I wouldn't have brought it up, and would have moved on. If there was some clue as to why it's gone, I wouldn't be here, either. If Einherjrar was banned (he isn't, as of writing), I wouldn't be here. But, none of those are satisfied. The 20thCW mod itself is gone, there's little if anything I can dig up on what exactly happened, and Einherjrar isn't banned. If any of those were satisfied, I would just gloomily walk away, figuring that a permissions issue was raised somewhere along the line, or Einherjrar pulled a dumb move with porting weapons, and the repercussions were strong.

All I've managed to dig up, is one post in the (locked) thread for the original mod, alluding to it being taken down under moderator review (which isn't particularly strong evidence), an earlier post in the same thread, about Einherjrar having some technical difficulties, Einherjrar not being banned (that I can tell), and that while his old mods are still technically existent, they are hidden.

Which is why I have turned to you, the community, to ask what happened. Was there a permissions scandal, that was covered up? Did Einherjrar pack up and leave, without telling anyone in a public way people could dig up later to learn the truth? Did he, but I just somehow missed while searching? Am I just insane? You tell me.

I just hope that Einherjrar's disappearance isn't a touchy subject; otherwise I might get a bloodied nose for this.

Please don't...

I don't want to get manhandled by LHammonds ;_;

• 4 months later...

There is a locked forum somewhere that was made by one of the admins directly involved in the 20th Weapons moderation(TheDarkOne). I can't seem to find it anymore though....i used to be able to just google thedarkone and Einherjrar....

Anywho - it includes first hand accounts by TheDarkOne (the lead admin on the case) of exactly what and how things went down from start to finish including quotes and full copies of PM messages. From what I remember specifically; there was an odd miscommunication between Einherjrar and whoever it was that supplied the RPG7 textures/models. I believe Einherjrar forgot to include credits for the RPG, so the owner flagged it down as a stolen asset. The protocols for file moderation on the Nexus weren't Golden back then, so there was confusion as to why the file was taken offline so suddenly, Einherjrar was pissed, TheDarkOne was on damage control and working with other admins...

My memory is a little fuzzy so I'm only recalling what I know I remember...

...TheDarkOne went on a vacation at some point in between...the RPG owner still misunderstood...then completely unrelated to the situation: Einherjrar reached his second strike on the Nexus for supposedly making a harsh comment to someone. At that point - he requested TheDarkOne to remove his account - personally, as he was fed up with the Nexus in all it's glory. End of story.

For all we know, seeing as how quiet he's been since he's not online anywhere else and not even responding to users on other sites he was an active member of...he's probably dead. Like...Real Life dead. I commented on the file at ModsReloaded a while back before reading the full post: I believe he removed the GSC/THQ assets at some point. Not that it matters now anyway. It also turns out that he included source assets in the mod as well, so not all is lost. I have personally brought back the Armalite AR10/ M76 Zastava in all its glory just for me, myself, and I.

There is a locked forum somewhere that was made by one of the admins directly involved in the 20th Weapons moderation(TheDarkOne). I can't seem to find it anymore though....i used to be able to just google thedarkone and Einherjrar....

Anywho - it includes first hand accounts by TheDarkOne (the lead admin on the case) of exactly what and how things went down from start to finish including quotes and full copies of PM messages. From what I remember specifically; there was an odd miscommunication between Einherjrar and whoever it was that supplied the RPG7 textures/models. I believe Einherjrar forgot to include credits for the RPG, so the owner flagged it down as a stolen asset. The protocols for file moderation on the Nexus weren't Golden back then, so there was confusion as to why the file was taken offline so suddenly, Einherjrar was pissed, TheDarkOne was on damage control and working with other admins...

My memory is a little fuzzy so I'm only recalling what I know I remember...

...TheDarkOne went on a vacation at some point in between...the RPG owner still misunderstood...then completely unrelated to the situation: Einherjrar reached his second strike on the Nexus for supposedly making a harsh comment to someone. At that point - he requested TheDarkOne to remove his account - personally, as he was fed up with the Nexus in all it's glory. End of story.

All that actually sounds a lot more like what happened with Earache42.

• 7 years later...