MO2 - What do you do with SSEEdit Backup files in overwrite?

hielkeskyrim

they are in that folder , because that is where MO places files that weren't a part of any mod

personally I disable the overwrite creating option in the program , as I can just easily reinstall the mod

but if you want , you can just move them to the related mod , to keep them organized

or you can just create a new mod called overwrites , and just send them all there

you can do whatever you want with them , as long as you know where they are (or if you delete them , just make sure to keep the mods in case you need to reinstall them)

Thank you for your reply but I do not fully understand it. The files in overwrite are from SSEEdit. These are most likely created after I cleaned the master files. These files have no related mods because they are related to the DLC master files so cannot be dragged into a related mod.

These files currently in Overwrite, what do they do? What is their purpose?

okay , that depends on the files themselves

these can either be backups (which you can turn off in SSEEdit) , or the cleaned master files

they are placed in this folder because this is where MO sets files created by programs running through it

if these are the cleaned masters , you can just create a new mod called Cleaned Masters , and move the files there (make sure to activate it , so you'll still use these files)

if they are backups , you can either delete them (not recommended in the case of masters , as you would need to reinstall the game if you somehow broke them during the cleaning process , but for others you can delete) , move them to whatever mod they are related to , or create a new mod to hold these backups

I hope this answers this , though feel free to ask if it doesn't

So in my case, they are Backups. Am I correct when I say: The cleaned master files are in my list already. Since they never appeared in the overwrite menu.

So I now just make a new mod to hold these backups (called SSEEdit Backups). Do I also have to activate this mod? No right?

in your case , I think you should see both the backups and the now cleaned masters (I haven't cleaned master files in MO in a while , so I'm not sure about that)

backups should have a file type of .backup (so .esm.backup or .esp.backup) , or something of that sort

these files you can put in a new backup folder , and you don't need to activate them

if your cleaned masters are also there , you need to put them in a new mod and activate it

maybe I'll try cleaning the master files myself in a bit , to make sure which files are in the overwrite folder

I'll need to do that anyhow

If you look at the screenshot I linked to in my first post, you see that in every file name there is '.backup'. So I suppose the cleaned master files are correctly enabled already (not sure how), but my LOOT seems to think they are clear.

For now, I will make a new mod called SSEEdit Backups and put the files there. I will not enable this mod.

Thank you for your replies!

I guess I missed the picture somehow

anyway , glad I was able to clear this up for you

do note that you may see new files in the overwrite folder , especially if you have mods with patchers (like FNIS for example)

so you'll need to move these files to the proper folders , to not lose anything you may need

Thanks! SKSE64, SSE Fixes, Skyrim Uncapper have just been installed.

Next on the list: Wrye Batch and FNIS.

After that, I should be done with all complicated mods and should be finally ready to download a couple hundred of mods! :)