AlfonsoDragonlord

Hi! I hope this fine to be posted here. About a week ago, I started installing a few new mods to Skyrim, but after a couple of days working just fine, it suddenly started to crash. I thought it was some conflict between the mods, since I could run it just fine when no mods were active, and I found the one that made it crash (Run for your lives) and uninstalled it. It worked just fine then, but after that, the same problem was back, and this time when I tried to run SKSE or just the regular Skyrim without any mods active in the Mod Manager, it crashed just after the Bethesda logo. I don't even know how to start solving this and I hope you can help me here. I'll provide any relevant info needed. Thanks in advance.

edit: Solved by myself

Edited by AlfonsoDragonlord

Hey Alfonso. Crashes after the Bethesda logo usually mean missing master files. Basically, a mod is looking for a plugin which it requires, and if it cannot find that plugin, the game crashes. If you're using NMM, the mod with the missing master file should be highlighted in red in the plugins panel. You can also try using LOOT to find the mod with the missing master file. If it isn't a mod causing it, you might be able to fix it by backing up and deleting all INI files from Documents\My Games\Skyrim, and then running the game through SkyrimLauncher.exe to regenerate the INI files. If you're using an ENB, try renaming d3d9.dll to d3d9.dll.backup to see if the ENB is what's causing the crash.