Updating to Vortex 0.15.1

HylianSteel

So far, 0.15.1 has been pretty good. updating to 0.15.1 was a slightly bumpy road though.

I had used Vortex 0.15.0 to download and install the update and everything seemed to be fine at first until Vortex didn't relaunch.

It turns out that the installer had failed to actually put Vortex.exe in C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex. I had to download the installer from github.

Running the installer the first time gave me an error about being unable to write to the folder (it was referencing the uninstaller already in the folder at this point and I wish for the life of me that I took a screencap)

and gave me three options. Skip, retry or abort. I choose skip and the installer finished. Vortex still won't launch and my desktop shortcut is broken.

I go back into Vortex's folder to find that this time, there are no files at all in C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex.

Running the installer a second time worked like a charm though and all is well.

Edit: Here's some system info so maybe we can identify similarities between myself and other users who may have experienced the same thing

Antivirus: Windows Defender and Malwarebytes

Intel i7-3770k with updated microcodes for Spectre and Meltdown

Nvidia GTX 1070, driver version 398.11

Samsung EVO 850 SSD

16GB DDR3 RAM

It turns out that the installer had failed to actually put Vortex.exe in C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex.

Yup, exact Same problem

Odd, the installer is the same it's always been and it seems to work fine in my testing.

Is it possible your AV may have been interfering? Would you mind seeing if it's logged something?

Also, would one of you (or anyone affected) be willing to see if you can reproduce it by installing 0.15.0 manually and then updating again?

I've been gone maybe a month. I was coming here to complain that Nexus Mod Manager wasn't working but looking around I'm guessing this Vortex thing replaced it?

Install the latest version of NMM from Nexusmods.

There were some server side changes about a month ago that killed the old versions.

Hey Tannin, I just updated to 0.15.2 from 0.15.1 (installation through Vortex itself) and it failed to install Vortex.exe again. I'm gonna grab the installer from github and see what happens.

Edit: Aha! Caught the error i had last time when trying to install through the installer on github. https://i.imgur.com/bD3a4Re.png.

clicking retry fails as i assumed it would. clicking ignore emptied the whole Black Tree Gaming Ltd folder out just as it did last time.

running the installer a second time works perfectly fine though just like last time.

Edit 2: side note, you still have 7-zip listed as 16.4.0 in the third party libraries list even though you included 18.05 with this update.