• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

BlackTestament7

BlackTestament7

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

I recently updated to NMM 0.65.2 and I'm getting a very very weird issue when trying to uninstall mods. When I uninstall from all profiles I've had to wait around 5 - 10 mins for the process to finish. And I mean for anything from a small esp for changing one or two stats to a full overhaul of a faction, it never matters. The mod uninstall takes far too long. But if I delete the mod and uninstall permanently everything changes and the uninstall takes seconds to a minute depending on how big the mod is. Is this a common issue or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I do have a second version of NMM installed on the computer, an older build with no ESL support would that cause something like this to happen because it does happen on that version as well.

BlackTestament7

BlackTestament7

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Another weird thing as I notice this happen is my memory jumps up to 10,756MB for some reason. I can not understand why this is happening but it's been literally 15 mins since I've tried to uninstall a single weapon mod.

Sinapus

Sinapus

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,118 posts

I am getting the same thing. Takes a LOOOOOOOOOONG time to finish and the memory usage goes up very high, but it usually does finish.

Even for a very small mod that seems to be only one file.

Sinapus

Sinapus

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,118 posts

...and confirmed it seems to happen when doing an uninstall from a profile or all profiles. If I select to uninstall and delete it does not take very long at all.

Sinapus

Sinapus

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,118 posts

Okay, if I uninstall from active profile it does not take long at all. Which is okay, since I really only use one profile in the first place. Going to do that from now on.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 14,432 posts

I recently updated to NMM 0.65.2 and I'm getting a very very weird issue when trying to uninstall mods. When I uninstall from all profiles I've had to wait around 5 - 10 mins for the process to finish. And I mean for anything from a small esp for changing one or two stats to a full overhaul of a faction, it never matters. The mod uninstall takes far too long. But if I delete the mod and uninstall permanently everything changes and the uninstall takes seconds to a minute depending on how big the mod is. Is this a common issue or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I do have a second version of NMM installed on the computer, an older build with no ESL support would that cause something like this to happen because it does happen on that version as well.

So you've got TWO installs of NMM, both fighting each other for the Virtual Hardlinks with your installed Mods, and you're wondering why your computer is slow, is what you're asking.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: slow, 0.65.2

Page loaded in: 1.010 seconds