Online Fallout: 76

Moksha8088

Depends on how they implement it (let's suppose that it is really an online game and not just a false scoop by Kotaku - in general, I don't trust online journalism in this era of "clicks or GTFO"). If it is something like Conan Exile (pay once; play solo, join a server or set up your own) then it's fine - you'll have a controlled environment or you can control your own.

If not, I'm not interested.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried out ESO, and the community drove me away faster than the game itself and that's really what makes or breaks online games for me these days. If the players are insufferable, I wont stick around long. Having their own little circle jerk of idiots that feel they are better than everyone else is no problem for me, I don't have to deal with them. However, when I'm forced into groups with randoms, and these randoms are usually disgruntled people playing a game they seriously don't like(masochistic), it's a toss up rather I'll have an enjoyable experience. Sadly, it usually isn't.

That said, I'm interested.. if it's not an online Fallout.

Multiplayer/co-op or not, if they are going to take the one thing I loathe most about FO4 (the whole Minecraft settlement building mechanic) and make it a core element of this new game, I’ll have zero interest. Less than two weeks for anything concrete to become known, so I'm trying to be optimistic as I would love a new Fallout game to play. But not if it's remotely similar what I've been reading about.

That being said, didn’t Bethesda just last year drum up that “Save the Single Player Gamer” meme?

It will be interesting to see how customizable each server is. For example, could a server's owner decide which mods that their particular server runs? You could have even have servers specifically for horizon, hardcore, immersion, or whatever combo the server's owner wants. I'm curious to see how Bethesda executes on this. Online doesn't seem optimal, but who knows.

Bethesda has lost me for ESO and FO76 .... I do not and WILL NOT spend the money on Multiplayer games on-line. The other thing about FO76 is that there was an announcement that any and all mods will only be available through the Creation Club. Shame on Bethesda for turning into a money grubbing, don't care about their customers, company. I predict that trhis move will send them into receivership and eventually out of business.

I have always bought tes and fallout games blindly (besides that tes online game) and I was happy with them. Even with Fallout 4. I enjoy still skyrim and f4 and sometimes f:nv. But if I will buy Fallout 76... I don't know.

The question if mods are allowed or not and if they are, if they are available without restrictions is important for me. If there are restrictions like by some of the consoles for f4, I don't think that we will see there many big new land/quest/armor and so on mods. Aaand that means, it would not really be something for me.

But I also think that it is to early, to rant about that. This time I just will read something about the next Fallout and watch some let's plays before I consider to buy it or not.

Edited by taryl80

If this is true then we need to treasure the 2015 Fallout 4 for a long period of time. It might be time to consider a United Modders Studio made up of experienced quest and advanced companion authors known for their ability to crank out large masterful mods. Then we need to buy the mods they produce.

I'd be down for that, just checked out Beyond Bruma and Project AHO, lets just say my mind was blown at the sheer quality of these DLC sized mods.

Meanwhil my own progress is halted because Nifscope is being Nifscope.

If the new game is like Rust I don't see a reason to get it, but if its like Skyrim Together, now THAT's something I'd love. Roaming the wasteland with a buddy sounds fun, 'Fallout the Rust edition' however, does not.

Man. I was hyped till I saw "online". I hate multiplayer with a passion. I thought this was going to be akin to what New Vegas was during the Fallout 3 era.

Oh well. Still enjoying Fallout 4 with mods.

Edited by SacredKnight81

I'm fine with Fallout 4. Still plenty of mods for me to make and keep me busy until the next single player rpg Elder Scrolls or Fallout comes. I'm not interested in an online Fallout the same way I skipped ESO.