How do I apply TESV Reduced Texture Pack

SkyrimPlayer13

Hey, everyone!

Recently, I have been trying to get the TESV texture pack running, because in conjunction with the antifreeze patch, it is said it will allow weak PCs to run Skyrim.

Well, I installed both and WOW, lag was ALMOST history...but a lot of textures were missing.

Most notably, textures for skin and fog have vanished. I know that, because human's faces are bright purple in game, and instead of fog on the loading screen, I get huge purple boxes.

To install the texture pack, I condensed the texture pack I downloaded from this site into a .bsa file, named it with the same name as Skyrim's original pack, and switched the .bsa files in Skyrim/Data.

I'm not totally sure how you're supposed to use texture packs, so my problem may stem from the fact that I installed it improperly, but anyway...

I would be most appreciative if someone could tell me what's going wrong here, and more importantly, how to do this correctly!

Thank you.

From the mods description page:

Installation

Download the packages you want to use, extract it to a temporary location and then copy or move the included Textures folder into your \Skyrim\Data\ folder.

The Reduced Texture Pack seems to be very outdated, maybe it's not compatible with newer versions of Skyrim. This could result in missing textures.

HahaHA!

Using the new texture pack you guys recommended completely fixed my problem!

Now, the lag is gone! (And people still have faces!)

MAN, you have no IDEA how long I've been trying to get this game to work.

Now, I can FINALLY play this game! I CAN OBSESS ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE!!!

As you can tell from all the exclamation points visible above, I'm extremely happy, so thanks for all your help!

PS: And yes, you two are SO getting kudos for this.

Just saying.

Edited by SkyrimPlayer13