water lod disappear at when looking up

6mizaki6

i tried everything on the [Water] in the ini file but it does not go away, even when enb is off, i've tried new game with all the mods off still happen has this problem ever happened before? i tried searching solutions for hours and found nothing *might be a simple bug that have been solve before but i can find the solution* :sad: https://imgur.com/a/9rQ8AYM

( i was gona say at ugrid 5 i removed it from the title cause it happen at all the other setting 7,9,11,13 )

Edited by 6mizaki6

If the problem persists with all mods deactivated, then it must be in the INI files as you have surmised. ENB pre-sets make changes to the game INI files as well as the ENBlocal.ini (and possibly the ENBSeries.ini) and call for changes to your video card settings. It's easy to lose track of all the changes made.

Please see the 'Game INI files' entry of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. Rename your current "Users" INI files and rebuild them from the "default" version by running the game launcher.

Then please see the 'Issue: Managing Post-Processor (ENB, SweetFX, FXAA) configurations' entry under the 'Solutions to Post-Processor (ENB/SweetFX et. al.) problems' section in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide before attempting to install ENB again.

-Dubious-

• 10 months later...

nothing works, i have installed it on my new pc recently no mods or any shader same bug, it disappears according to view angles, if view from a parallel angle the lod is showen but when u strat viewing up gradually or down the lod disappears a block at a time according to how high or how low you view it. been trying to solve this for a year now, ive tried to edit the water section in the in files but nothing seems to effect this. i was running it on an amd 520 now i am using an rx 480, dont know is there anything to do with the graphic cards

Edited by 6mizaki6

Let's go back to describing exactly what the problem is. You say "water lod" but then in this latest post you speak about "viewing up gradually or down the lod disappears a block at a time according to how high or how low you view it". Unless you are "underwater" while viewing, that doesn't make much sense to me. If you are "underwater" then it sounds like you are experiencing the game's method of implementing the "water parallax" effect, which would mean it is "functioning as designed".

First of all, people tend to conflate "VWD" (view while distant) with "LOD" (level of detail). They are not the same thing, though they are inter-related. Please see the TESTG "LOD/VWD Overview" page for the distinction.

This later problem description sounds like VWD to me. Perhaps a screenshot illustrating the problem (preferably with the particular phenomena marked up for clarity) will better present it? (See "How to markup images (etc) in forum posts and comments" article for how to use "Image tags".)

If you add any VWD/LOD textures (such as NMC, Vurt's WFO, or Ojo Bueno), please see the 'Checklist Item #15 & 16' entries in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide regarding the need to run both TES4LL and FNVLODGen. Also recommend you read the 'LOD/VWD Texture Packs' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article first.

Finally, remember we are suggesting solutions on the basis of what you tell us is the problem. We can't see your system or the results. Feedback is important to refining the suggestions. When we don't hear back from you, it is logical to assume the last suggestion resolved the issue.

-Dubious-

The GIF helps greatly in understanding the problem. That is definitely a VWD/LOD issue. However, it looks to me like something you need to tweak your INI file to correct. Please see the "Graphics" section of the "TweakGuides - Fallout 3 Tweaks" article for the several inter-related settings as simply increasing one setting blindly can heavily impact your FPS.

re: DarkCreations. Yeah, caught me by surprise as well. Had to change all my links to it to now use the WebArchive instead.

-Dubious-

• 2 years later...