Open Community  ·  3 members

BattleTech

Removing Guarded

Guest deleted2588518

Guest deleted2588518

Has anyone found the trigger in the assembly that provides Guarded and Entrenched when Brace is pushed? I've been fishing around in there for days and can't find the reference.

If someone knows where this is or how to create a BTML .dll that would swap out Brace(end turn) with the generic End turn. (I.E. the one after Ace-Pilot is used).

That would be quite awesome. I'd love to keep Guarded for things like Forests and Ruined buildings but really detest the idea of standing in the open and getting damage reduction.

I think I think it's balanced as is because:

a) It costs you a turn

b) Removing it would make the game easier (for sniping/LRM mechs, anyways) because the AI really relies on guarding as they approach

On a similar note, removing guarding would devalue other abilities/mechanics in the game... off the top of my head: bulwark (obviously), breaching shot, the defensive morale ability, the unsteady modifier, and melee in general.

I think a dirty way to accomplish what you want is to change the guarded modifier to give 0% damage resistance... Then I guess you'd want to find the graphics icon for it and change it be full alpha so that it's not visible on the UI.

Edited by Daemonjax

Guest deleted2588518

Yea, I've already removed all of those things and set glancing to 1. My mod is a conversion to TT rules. An attempt anyway. Removing Guarded is one of the last things I really have left outside of engine swapping which is currently being worked on.

I can change the icon that's not the issue. The issue is that there is a code function that calls when you trigger the end turn action that enables Guarded and Entrenched. It cannot be removed with json edits, it has to be altered in the assembly.

Edited by TotalMeltdown