"The Way of the Voice" Bug - Impossible to advance quest.

LiliumSnow

• 6 months later...

uh, like, if you click the 'z' key, the first word is shouted

but if you click and hold the 'z' key for a split second, it shouts the first and second word

the tutorial is horrible about explaining this, and it's only after eliminating all the possible theories that i stumbled upon the solution. it took me a few minutes to figure it out also

• 11 months later...

Finally, after so many attempt, I have discovered how to fix this bug! A Bug where you only can talk to Arngeir, the Graybeard's does not gather in the Hall and you can't learn the second word "Ro". I won't keep it to myself, let me share it!!

1. The MAIN Trouble of this bug!

After you kill your very first Dragon (Quest: Dragon Rising), return to Whiterun. You can see two Alir'k Warrior arguing with Whiterun Guard. AVOID THEM! Do not talk to them or hear their conversation as you can do this later. If you heard them out, you will automatically accept this quest (Quest: In My Time of Need) and this will start the bug for "Way of The Voice". I suggest to save after kill your first dragon before you return to Whiterun to avoid this bug. (So you can load if you already accept this quest).

2. To make sure bug won't trigger

On your way to High Hrothgar, make sure you WALK instead on using horse. Because if you play without cheat, you haven't got enough gold to afford horse. Do not use command 'tdetect' when you enter High Hrothgar (tgm is allowed). For safe measure, do not accept Klimmek's quest before you finish this quest.

One more thing, use front door.

If you already accept "In My Time of Need" before you finish "The Way of The Voice", I'm afraid you have to use a new game. I don't know if completing "In My Time of Need" in the middle of "Way of the Voice" could fix this bug. But I don't recommend you doing this if you don't want to new game for second time.

You don't exactly have to follow step 2, I do it just for safe measure. But I can assure you the main problem is on number 1. I think this bug is official. You don't have to uninstall Skyrim all over again or uninstall the mod.

This bug/quest is still around. Happened today. I did the first setstage and let the rest of the quest play out. It works.