Fallout 76 No Mods

madwolf2006

Well, it's official. Fallout 76 will be multiplayer-only and have dedicated servers, so no mods. At least, nothing really like the mods we have for Fallout 4.

The only "mods" this game will have are the micro transactions they pump out in the Creation Club 2.0

As far as custom assets and user made mods, the only ones that *might be possible* are client side (your end) only mods like visual tweaks and re-skins.

This is just logistics, for anything like the mods we have now, the hosting server would have to be able to provide them to everyone playing, which I can guarantee will not happen, so for this game and possibly all the rest to come good bye to high quality, free, user made mods as we know them.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I was also watching the same thing you were. They also said you could play Elder Scrolls Online "single-player" too back in the day. When they say "single-player" in that context what they mean is playing the online game solo. And "Fallout 76 is entirely online." BE3 Source Video (skipped to the relevant part).

You are correct, he did use the word 'solo' - that's an important distinction from being able to play single-player. I think a lot of people are feeling the same way now... :confused:

Wait a second, were you watching the same thing as I was? Todd specifically stated in the presentation that you could still play Fallout76 by yourself, meaning co-op wasn't the only option.

Yes, I was also watching the same thing you were. They also said you could play Elder Scrolls Online "single-player" too back in the day. When they say "single-player" in that context what they mean is playing the online game solo. And "Fallout 76 is entirely online." BE3 Source Video (skipped to the relevant part).

I do and always have played ESO solo in PVE and it measures up to it's predecessors especially if you play for immersion, there is no pressure for anyone to play against other players at all. You can happily do your own thing the same way you did in other other games with added factor that occasionally other people will turn up to help in fights, which is cool right...?...am I missing something?

I do and always have played ESO solo in PVE and it measures up to it's predecessors especially if you play for immersion, there is no pressure for anyone to play against other players at all. You can happily do your own thing the same way you did in other other games with added factor that occasionally other people will turn up to help in fights, which is cool right...?...am I missing something?

I've played ESO solo too. And you're totally right - but Fallout 76 is unlike ESO in that it is much more PvP focused than ESO is, because they are different styles of multiplayer games. ESO is an MMO, while FO76 is a MOG more alike DayZ (in that you have a limited number of players on a huge map).

Here is how I see it, they didn't mention production time so it means they probably only spent three years or so on it and they are no Obsidian. That's a hard fact.
100% online means no single player you will have solo play but you are going to run into other players.
Runs on their Servers they could not even handle the traffic last night creation club went out, their Bethesda.net Launcher could not handle the load, that is not a good sign for launch day.
The fact they want you to purchase the game first to get into the BETA as a bonus... They only want those who are loyal to a fault to put out anything to the game.
It being 100% online, not listed on Steam, The creation Club, The Bethesda.net launcher seeing more development, that only means one thing no third party mods, the only mods allowed will be though the creation club and they will cost $. Fully monopolized by Bethesda.
Todd Howard's Troll at the end him saying it just works only shows his ego has gotten out of control. He has forgotten that it is the modders and the communities that have made it so their games even 16 years old still sell for 9.99 while on sale to 19.99 today almost two decades. That would not be possible if not for the modders fixing their bugs, look at all their games they really do need the unofficial patches.
Also have a feeling all the people they have managed to piss off programming fans, modders that code we are going to see some crazy cheats for griefers. God Mode, Unlimited Ammo, Kill on Demand, and Nukes on Demand. The whole paid mod thing Valve walked away and was like ok we want no part of this, Then Bethesda even after the outrage did the creation club in both new editions of Fallout 4, and Skyrim SE and VR. Now we have this Fallout 76 another middle finger if you will.

Notice on Steam pre-order is not up? I have a strong feeling they will be pushing their launcher even harder, the creation club of them controlling and profiting mods, and their own platform if you will for distribution. They already handed over all the past Fallouts and Dldar scrolls games to GOG to do none DRM because they are just done with them. They got a taste of greed, Pete Hines is also there, Todd Howard has forgotten what made his games successful due to his ego and they like that money. I do not blame them for it they are a company, but do not forget your roots, do not forget the fans that elevated you up to the top.

I swear you all make it sound like they will never make a freely moddable game again. While I DON'T thing there will be significant modding on Fallout 76 it doesn't mean it is the death kneel of modding. It doesn't mean there won't be some limited modding or creation club type stuff. I don't know. They haven't said anything about it that I have seen yet.

Curiously, do you all know Todd Howard or Pete Hines or anyone that works on these games? Maybe they have egos, maybe they don't. Likely there are hundreds of people that work on Beth games that give it their heart and soul and likely much blood, sweat, tears...heck maybe it hurts their familial relationships at times. I don't know and you all probably don't either. But to just flip the table and say everyone is greedy bastards is unfair and probably untrue.

As much as I wanted to see more than a 30 sec TES6 plug I didn't go running into the streets naked crying the end is nigh.

There is nothing wrong with a game company expanding into other areas. After all companies are made to make someone money. Its what they do. You don't make money if you do the exact same thing every time.

So some of you won't like this game, some will. Some will think its awesome, some will complain it isn't Elder Scrolls Hammerfell. But come on people...get y'alls panties out of a bunch and just wait and see. Or heck IDK go sign up for the beta or something.