Fallout 76 No Mods

madwolf2006

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sincerely hope we can simply upload mods to nexus, on the prospect that I don't put much gold in Bethesda's website (kinda like controlling all the water). Mostly because this would put a damper on the Fort Knox heist mod I wanted to make... or say I'm going to make but put it off for awhile, then begin but then give up after the first structure. (I think it's close enough to be worth doing, also add the sealed ghouls, or fallen knights? basically just ghouls in power armor, turned because their core got damaged and started leaking, issue of course being ghouls aren't zombies, I think, as glowing ones can revive ghouls. guess it best just to make them into zombies and have it so you have to kill the brain for them to die. adding a book mark for necromorph themed moding, have those needle nosed insects remodeled as infectors and go from there, maybe make a new player space with forts.)

*never mind, power armored ghouls has been done, dammit, I'm still doing it.

Oh, I'd also like to apologize for not adding anything to the discussion.

Edited by TheSilentOccupant

there will still be free mods because:

one: they confirmed that there will be mods

two: WHERE THE HELL DO YOU THINK THE TALENT FOR THE CC COMES FROM!!!!

seriously, getting rid of free mods in favor of the CC would be like killing the golden goose

Of course there will still be free mods in F76. But they will have to be extremely limited in scope. Much like the overly simplistic .lua mods in ESO

Because of the pervasive online connection, IT'S NOT POSSIBLE TO INSTALL A MOD THE SCOPE OF A NEW WORLD SPACE THE LIKES OF BEYOND BRUMA SKYRIM OR PROJECT BRAZIL.

Because of the pervasive online connection, IT'S NOT GOING TO BE POSSIBLE TO INSTALL A PERFORMANCE OVERHAUL MOD THE SCOPE OF A PROJECT NEVADA OR FROSTFALL/CAMPFIRE

Because of the pervasive online connection, IT'S NOT GOING TO BE POSSIBLE TO INSTALL AN ENVIRONMENT/NPC/BUILDING STRUCTURES/WEATHER OVERHAUL MOD THE LIKES OF NMC TEXTURES, NEVADA SKIES, PROJECT BEAUTY, VURT'S FLORA OVERHAUL, WATER 2, WET N COLD, CLIMATES OF TAMRIEL/RCRN, MINTY'S LIGHTNING MOD ETC

Because of the pervasive online connection, IT'S NOT GOING TO BE POSSIBLE TO INSTALL ADULT THEMED/SEX CONTENT MODS THE LIKES OF CBBE/NATURAL MALE, OSEX, ANIMATED PROSTITUTION, PRIVATE NEEDS ETC ETC.

In short, because of the pervasive online connection, CC will be the most likely exclusive source from which all permissible mods will be sourced. Because BGS provides the fan base with Minecraft type private servers, CC will be the most practical source from which BGS can guarantee safe mod install i.e CC mods will have been sanctioned to be compatible within the F76 online framework by default. Unlike Nexus mods which --by default of non BGS sanctioning-- could potentially conflict with the online server environment.

e.g. It's unlikely BGS would host DLC scaled world space mods like Project Lunar, or a new worldspace/quest mod the likes of AWOP. Because such new world mods would have a huge footprint on the server. HTH would you be able to upload and run this in your game --without affecting the world environment of my mod-less world? And how would BGS be able to maintain the integrity of the game world, if all 32 players on a server had different world space/questing mods the likes of a New Vegas Interiors, New Vegas Uncut or The Regulators etc. etc.

Same goes for weather/environmental mods like Nevada Skies, WATER 2, Vurt's Overhaul etc. BGS could NEVER allow mods that alter the global variables that define the game world. What 's most likely is that any 3rd part/Nexus Mods will be super dumbed down like ESO *.lua mods which tweak/change minor things. Like a character's back pack mesh, revealing resource nodes on map, primitive UI that organizes your PC stats better visually etc etc. No ENB, FNIS etc mods will be possible. Because your ability to access directory locations outside the game's folder will be either impossible (they're located on the server side at BGS) or explicitly forbidden (from existence of anti cheat detector software etc).

The only way for personal custom mods to work is if players get their own private servers. But it didn't sound as though Howard/Hines & Co aka H&H Tool Co. were too keen on that....

If it's something along the lines of Fallout Shelter (but more robust), I don't care about mods. I doubt it's going to be a "main" Fallout type of game. Starfield and TES6 are their next big projects. Not this.

Either way, let the game even release before slamming it. Or at least a basic rundown of actual features. lol

http://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/393047-fallout76-no-mods

i do not think this is true

1, that will annoy a lot of the players

2,they have https://bethesda.net/en/mods they may use that for the official way to get mods

The potential reasons are manifest. For one thing, the game may not need to rely too heavily on mods if it includes, for example, a dynamic online world. There is also the possibility of Bethesda moving things entirely to its official platform from now on. However, the user who provided the leak suggests that Bethesda will "sell it as a security thing." Whichever way it ends up, it appears that all Fallout 76 mods will go through official channels.

i believe there is no security risk in using mods from a reputable site like nexusmods

There will be mods for sure, paid or free I think they will be easily accessible no doubt in that, well we shouldn't have so many speculations since the game isn't even out yet.

• 4 weeks later...

They can make Fallout76 for those of us that have always dreamed of multiplayer coop with buddies (e.g. my best friend is not interested in single-player games, only really plays PC games that can coop the two of us), AND still make a new Fallout game down the line in the style of the single-player ones. They don't have to be mutually exclusive to each other.

They can make Fallout76 for those of us that have always dreamed of multiplayer coop with buddies (e.g. my best friend is not interested in single-player games, only really plays PC games that can coop the two of us), AND still make a new Fallout game down the line in the style of the single-player ones. They don't have to be mutually exclusive to each other.

I suspect that is precisely what they are doing........ I wouldn't mind a bit more information on it though, (not to mention TESVI....) But, beth is notoriously closed-mouthed about what they are doing..... (I suspect sometimes it's because they don't know what they are doing.......)