The Shire's back, with a short expression of appreciation

TheBawb

Around this time last year The Shire mod (On its 3rd year of development at the time) was prematurely released as a result of leaving early for basic combat training.

However since January of this year The Shire has received several updates which have resolved the issues that occurred upon its debut, allowing this massive adventure to be enjoyed the way it was meant to be, in its final and complete version.

The Shire's goals have always been to provide Oldrim users with professional storytelling, widely branching dialogue, a functioning heathfire-style playerhome, alternating endings governed by player-choice, two complete opposing questlines, skilled voice acting, and a hand-designed worldspace worthy of the fictional work of which it was inspired. With this update I can proudly say that The Shire has undoubtedly met those goals. Go ahead and give it a try

Switching gears here really quick from the generic overview to more of a personalized message of appreciation, specifically to the (Skyrim) Nexus community. The Shire took as long as it did because quite honesty I had a very minimal understanding of what I was doing. At the time it began I was 15 going on 16 (that's a song isn't it?), having an idea of what I wanted but none of the knowledge or experience it takes to get there.

I posted a thread, and immediately was met with not only support but also very constructive feedback. As the months went by I returned to the nexus on numerous occasions whenever I ran into obstacles that confuzzled me. (that's a word autocorrect, I swear) And each time, I was pointed to a solution that eventually worked.

Although I haven't been active on the forums of late, a quick scroll through them is enough to see that same spirit of cooperation is alive today. It's that sort of atmosphere that made working on such a project quite the enjoyable experience, and has since kickstarted my interest in moving on from modding and into game design with the Unreal Engine. If I am to give credit where credit is due then my sincere appreciation is offered to all of you. (That wasn't meant to rhyme but ahh what the hell)

Keep doing what y'all are doing,

TheBawb

Hey, that's really good news! Loved your mod so much. Welcome back in the modding comunity. I hope you are well.

Good to hear. Thanks Tasheni!