Downloaded Mods Now Have Two Records

After the 0.15.1 update, I removed Morrowloot and associated patches, including the archive. I then redownloaded Morrowloot, but have not installed it yet. I'm seeing two records in Vortex for Morrowloot instead of one. It's doing this for several of the Morrowloot patches I downloaded again but not all of them, as well as for a couple new mods that I have never had before. I'm hesitant to install since I don't see anyone else posting this issue or anything in the 0.15.1 release notes about it. Should I remove these and try to download again?

50297546-1527952260.png

50297546-1527952643.png

50297546-1527952783.png

Notice the different version number scheme despite actually being the same number? Also, each pair has one in a group and the duplicate not in a group.

Try putting the them in the same groups.

Failing that, I'd go with the one that has the version number formatted the same way it's listed on the Nexus site and delete the dupes. They are probably the same files anyway.

I sometimes get duplicates as well but usually only notice afterwards since one will remain uninstalled. Have not been able to reliably reproduce it though. Removing one with "Remove archive" checked seems to solve it.

Edited by ArtaiosGreybark

Notice the different version number scheme despite actually being the same number? Also, each pair has one in a group and the duplicate not in a group.

Try putting the them in the same groups.

Failing that, I'd go with the one that has the version number formatted the same way it's listed on the Nexus site and delete the dupes. They are probably the same files anyway.

you cannot change version number if you have not yet installed the mod, can you?

Edited by kamikatze13

It seems not. I just tried. I also don't think this has only to do with version numbers. Seems to be a bug.

https://i.imgur.com/iouuhIk.png

Simply downloaded this mod and it created two entries. Looks like it forgets that the archive it already associated with a mod and creates a new instance. It does not always happen though. What's more, you cannot remove the duplicate entry unless you remove the archive. In which case you will have to download the mod again when you want to reinstall.

Edited by ArtaiosGreybark

So, I had successfully removed those mods and then re-downloaded them without duplication. Installed them. Enabled them. All was working great.

Then I upgraded to 0.15.2 and the duplicates came back. But only for the same mods that I originally had the problem with in 0.15.1. There's definitely a bug.

50297546-1528488986.png

ieV26ck.png

I had this weird thing happen to me. EVT Billboards and Engine Fixes created new instances even though the mods were installed hours ago.

Could you please send in a feedback report and attach the application state?

When a download is added to vortex it gets assigned a random id, when the mod is installed vortex remembers which archive id was used to install it. "uninstalled" downloads show only up if there is no installed mods that have the same id. So this is not dependent on the mod name or version or anything.

Now what I also noticed in your screenshots is that not only are the entries duplicated, the uninstalled entries show up as "never installed". This indicated to me that probably the entire dataset for the download was reset, including giving it a new id. Not sure why that would happen though.