Downloaded Mods Now Have Two Records

Also getting this issue, as question for OP, is it happening for mods that you install via the file dropper as well, or just via NMM?

For myself, it causes files to go missing if I close & restart Vortex before installing them (reported via client), and doesn't happen on the same file every time (so downloading over and over resolved the issue).

I too got this. The other thing I noticed is that under downloads, the program thinks I just downloaded the archive 1 hour ago yet it was downloaded days ago.

Any mod that is currently installed and enabled (and is now showing a duplicate) has no archive associated with it because the actual archive is now associated with the new duplicate entry which is shown as not installed. It's quite messy.

The new entries are also missing description, author, source, category and nexus ID

Edited by dimrealm

Just an update. I have had this happen 2 or 3 times since posting here. It just randomly chooses to duplicate a mod (usually one of the latest ones I install) which I proceed to remove and it takes the archive with it. This must be some odd occurrence since I do not see other peeps chiming in.

I sent feedback the first time it happened. Not sure if I should do anything again.

I'm getting this too, it's totally random.
A mod will download and the mod list will update, and all of a sudden, I don't know which mod I just downloaded because it's named differently, OR, it's already installed, yet I have THE SAME MOD, that says "Never Installed", yet, if I use REMOVE to get rid of the "extra Archive", it deletes the mod I actually had installed.

There's no way to send any Diagnostic files and report it, because it "just happens" with no rhyme or reason.

Currently in my "NEVER INSTALLED" list I have

Eli's Armour Collection Remade LL Integration - Says NEVER INSTALLED, but I know it is, because it shows up in the INSTALLED mod list
RobcoFun2 - I have to click on INSTALL in order to find out which Random Mod I already have installed it is, because I don't even know WTF "Robco Fun2" IS

It's happening to me as well, with no apparent pattern. Recently, I updated a mod (T4 snow redone), and now my mod list looks like this (sorted by installation date):

The "never installed" entry for T4 just appeared about a day after I've made the update.

It seems to happen to me when I restart the app. I would install a mod, do something and close the app and upon opening it again, there would be a duplicate mod with an "Installation Time" of "seconds ago" that is funnily enough not installed.

Edited by ArtaiosGreybark

Just to add...

I'm using Windows 10, and when I use Vortex to download, I get the Windows 10 "ding-a-ling" and the little notification popup in the bottom right corner.
However, (and this might be related to the multiple "Never Installed" mods) the windows 10 thing will report correctly for the first mod I download, after that, if I keep downloading mods, it loses "sync" and will report an older mod being downloaded when I'm downloading something completely different.

EX: I download MOD-A, win10 reports "Downloading MOD-A"
I download a few more mods, MOD-B, MOD-C, and MOD-D, and am notified by Win10 that I downloaded them, and their downloads are complete.

Now, I install MOD-A, and B, C and D

Now I decide to browse some more and I find MOD-E and MOD-F, I download MOD-E, but now the win10 notification says "Downloading MOD-B", and it tells me the Download of MOD-B is complete.
I download MOD-F and now Win10 is notifying me that MOD-A is downloading...and that the download of MOD-A is complete.

Another thing that can happen is

I download MOD-E, win10 says it's downloading MOD-A, then I download MOD-F, and windows says it's downloading MOD-A

Just to add...

I'm using Windows 10, and when I use Vortex to download, I get the Windows 10 "ding-a-ling" and the little notification popup in the bottom right corner.

However, (and this might be related to the multiple "Never Installed" mods) the windows 10 thing will report correctly for the first mod I download, after that, if I keep downloading mods, it loses "sync" and will report an older mod being downloaded when I'm downloading something completely different.

I saw this behavior as well.