Skyrim SE tbb.dll missing?

notnearlysane

I just reinstalled the game, I never played the SSE version before.

Every time i try to run SKSE64, I get this error message -

"The program can't start because tbb.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Then, it takes a minute, but the game runs. The intro glitches out and brings me to the main screen. I've also experienced the options list text duplicating itself as i move to other options.

I'm afraid to play the game till I fix this issue.

I just reinstalled the game, I never played the SSE version before.

Every time i try to run SKSE64, I get this error message -

"The program can't start because tbb.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Then, it takes a minute, but the game runs. The intro glitches out and brings me to the main screen. I've also experienced the options list text duplicating itself as i move to other options.

I'm afraid to play the game till I fix this issue.

The only time I ran into trouble with SKSE not loading is when I started with MO2 and wasn't aware of SKSE64 is not entirely outside the Data folder.

Did you also launch the game from SKSE Launcher?

Ok, I looked into Engine Fix, and yes, it looks like you did not install tbb.dll. You can always open up Skyrim folder (outside Data folder) to see tbb.dll is there. Chances are you did not put it there, along with d3dx9_42.dll

Edited by tomomi1922

Have you tried to install Engine Fixes Part 1 but not correctly installed Part 2?

Wowww thanks for mentioning this mod, I looked at the page and realized I forgot to put part 2 in. What a dumb mistake aha but its probably because I never put files in manually besides SKSE. Everything works fine now. Thanks very much!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...