Open Community  ·  411 members

Stardew Valley

how I recolored the children's beds

Starwitch74

Hello,

I modded the walls_and_floors and farmhouse_tiles (actually I mixed some mods and painted a bit) and I wanted to recolor the children's beds too.

I didn't find any mod about this, but I noticed in the file content preview that the One Bed Mod replaced the Content\Maps\FarmHouse2_marriage.xnb.

When I extracted the FarmHouse2_marriage.xnb with xnbcli (and the FarmHouse2.xnb, just out of curiosity) I got a .json and a .tbin file, so the next challenge was to figure out how to open and edit a .tbin file.
I downloaded tIDE , but when I tried to open it I got an error message:

Open Map
An error occured while opening the file. Details: Unable to loas tile sheet 'indoor' with image source '\...\townInterior' Inner Message: Parameter is not valid.

On this site I found the solution for this problem: I just had to extract the file Stardew Valley\Content\Maps\townInterior.xnb and to delete the ".png" of townInterior.png (which was extracted to the same folder as the file I want to open) - to get new error messages for other missing files.
So I repeated these steps for farmhouse_tiles and walls_and_floors (I added my modded .png files) and then I finally opened it.

It was fun to see how the tiles are put together, but I realised that I can only rearrange the furniture (or delete it, like the One Bed Mode did - now I understand).

After a long journey of learning I can tell you: To recolour your children's beds (not the crip, which you can find in the farmhouse_tiles.png) you only have to unpack the townInterior.xnb, to recolor the bed parts with the white pillow and bedcover in the .png, to repack the .json and the .png and to replace the townInterior.xnb in both the Content and the Content\Maps folder.

I hope this helps someone :smile:

P.S.:

You should have in mind that the recolored bed can also be seen in the bedrooms of Clint, Lewis, Gus, Sam (with a yellow bedcover), Jodi, Vincent (just the upper part), Haley (with a yellow bedcover), Alex (with a red bedcover), Evelyn/George, Leah, Shane, Marnie (with a yellow bedcover), Jas (excluding the foot section), Maru (only the head section) and parts of the foot section at the bed of Caroline + Pierre and Demetrius + Robin.

Edited by Starwitch74

The issue you described is a "bug" in xnbcli i guess.

I tried xnbnode instead for extracting. Here you get a .tbin and a .yaml file. And for opening the maps with tIDE, you don't need to delete the .png file extension.