Can you use the console to become "Undead"?

EbenezerGrymm

I've been trying to figure out a way to have my player classified as undead in Skyrim so I can benefit more from the Necromage perk. I know becoming a vampire supposedly flags your player as undead so you get the added benefits from the perk, but I'd really like to find a way to do it without being a vamp. I don't see any mods that do anything like this, and I see console commands for "set playeriswerewolf" and "set playerisvampire" but nothing for undead.

If anyone has any info on if this is possible or not and how to do it if it is possible that would be wonderful.

hi EbenezerGrymm, i'm just guessing, you might have luck experimenting with the console command ' addtofaction <faction ID> <faction rank> '

to leverage 'undead' status to enhance the necromage perk (if this will even work), wow geez hardcore lol.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Console

You have a variety of undead to pick from (can't believe i just wrote that), undead creatures consist of spirits, reanimated skeletons, and reanimated corpses.

For example: Dragon Priest, Draugr, Ghost, Skeleton, or Zombie. Vampires are also considered undead, but are undead NPCs instead of creatures.

Issue is there a many different faction codes each designed to do specific things, might not be easy searching all the codes (not exactly user friendly).

You'll need to find a code(s) that gives you only undead status, a lot of these codes only designate relationship/disposition.

I have a feeling a faction code for only undead status does not exist in Skyrim.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Factions

(look at the bottom of the page for 'Other Factions' to see links to all factions).

again, i have no idea if doing this is going to work and might possibly unstabilize your game.

honestly, you might be better off looking into 'modav' or 'setav' to boost your Restoration skills/perks.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Necromage_%28perk%29#Necromage

You might also try a character editor and find/set KYWD: (FormID keyword) ActorTypeUndead (0004780a).

Edited by xlcr

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply, xlcr.

It's funny how sometimes something that seems so simple can have such a complicated answer. I've asked about this in a couple different places with people proficient in Skyrim-ese and have gotten responses that make similar suggestions to yours and even more on top of that, but in no case has anyone actually known exactly what it is that flags your player as undead when becoming a vampire that allows you to further benefit from the Necromage perk.

It's really kinda fascinating.

I'll try all those suggestions though and post back if I'm able to find out which one actually works.

the above only add the perk but doesn't let you get the benefits like a vampire/undead

I am also interested in this matter, I want to get the benefits without having to feed everyday, but how does the perk necromage work?

I wonder if the below work though

setrace darkelfracevampire

set playerisvampire to 1

• 3 months later...
Ive been trying to figure that out as well. Just for immersion though as when I use my hunters site as a custom vampire, it causes my characters to glow with life or heat or whatever, meaning that the character is not undead. The author of the temptress race modified it so that you can type player.setrace temptressracevampire and the player then becomes undead for the ashen, I cant figure it out as of yet.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ive been trying to figure that out as well. Just for immersion though as when I use my hunters site as a custom vampire, it causes my characters to glow with life or heat or whatever, meaning that the character is not undead. The author of the temptress race modified it so that you can type player.setrace temptressracevampire and the player then becomes undead for the ashen, I cant figure it out as of yet.

Good day folks. I also recently found the Temptress race & decided to play it. While the Mod works just fine, I also included Better Vampires v 6.6 to enhance the game immersion. I discovered that while Skyrim recognizes the player as a Vampire, it does not transfer the player to the undead faction. Like so many others here, I researched the matter to no avail. I am not certain, but I believe Bethesda was not prepared for Modder's with such a high degree of passion to include new races. While vanilla is fine for mediocrity game play, many like myself search for more realistic play. Anyone with clues on how to circumvent this problem with the undead faction, please let me know

• 11 months later...