What mods can my system handle?

EmpressWillowy

Hey a few days ago I downloaded Skyrim. Thinking my computer was really good I downloaded about 140 mods, character/npcs/animal models and textures city overhauls, scripts like enhanced blood, frostfall, civil war oh, etc. Basically lots of mods like those. The game was really fast and then it kept crashing minutes after character creation. I tried disabling lots of them and it still happened. Also Black desert Online on low settings keeps crashing too. Do you guys have any advice for me and what mods I can download. I factory resetted my computer and I'm re downloading vanilla Skyrim, here's my specs, thanks in advance!

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name WIN-UFKPOPH1VNV
System Manufacturer Alienware
System Model ASM200
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 072C
Processor Intel® Core i3-6100T CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Alienware 2.0.10, 12/7/2017
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Alienware
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.16299.371"
User Name DESKTOP-9K0P87D\smile
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 13.3 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 16.2 GB
Page File Space 2.88 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

What kind of video card do you have? Your system is fine for Skyrim as far as RAM and processor go, but the video card/VRAM is going to be important as far as textures go. Also, did you install any memory fix mods, like Crash Fixes or ENBoost?

I have absolutely no idea where you brought this info from , but you should know it's not that useful

generally you need to specify your CPU , graphics card , ram memory and operation system (these should cover most of the requirements for games)

since we don't know your graphics card , it's really hard to say

however , you also need to understand the problems that the original Skyrim has , due to its engine (I assume you are talking about Skyrim LE , not SE considering the forum you posted in , but these two are very different)

while having more ram usually help in games , Bethesda games using the old engine that Skyrim LE runs on can't really use more than 2GB (or 4GB with the correct patch)

aside from this , I believe the engine doesn't allow you to use more than one core of your CPU (but I'm not really certain about this)

there are plenty of issues with this engine , and it could make running the game with mods a big issue

so I would suggest not using too many script heavy mods , not using the largest graphical mods or the largest textures possible , and preferably starting with a suggested mod list , so that you'll know the mods you are getting actually work together

modding really isn't easy , especially if you want your game to run properly , and you expect a stable gaming experience

so go into this with discretion , use as many guides as you feel you need , and test often to see that you aren't messing it up too badly

that should work for you , if you have a decent graphics card

my system is around as powerful as yours , and I was able to run Skyrim LE pretty well , though there are some mods I had to remove as they were causing me problems (like Sands Of Time , which is really script heavy and was causing all sorts of issues for me)

Edited by WastelandAssassin