Weird Flicker/Shimmer effect (coloured) when moving my camera

EndlessWay

Hello everyone,

As I'm writing here, I'm having an annoying problem with Skyrim which I can't find any solution online so far. The thing is that everytime I move my camera a slight bit, the edges of textures start to shimmer/blur or what ever I should call it in a mix of blue and green colours... I already did some reaserch but didn't find something useful until now.

So let's get to some basic information:

- I play the original Skyrim Game with all DLC's (Legendary + HD textures by Bethesda)

- My Game is modded a bit, but I tried to keep an overlook (See Screenshot)

- My installation of Skyrim is a fresh one, just started re-moddding it today when I ran into this problem.

- Tried it on two different Savegames

- Seems to be more likely to identify in snowy regions such as Winterhold

- Setting bUseBlurShader=1 didn't change anything

- Tried to disable Skyrims anti-aliasing, didn't change a thing

- I'm running a 75Hz monitor, I tried playing on 60Hz and it even felt worse than before

- I'm not using any ENB Stuff. Only lightning Mod I have is RLO interior aswell as exterior

Mods:

Video: https://youtu.be/FSP1ZwRE6hc

EDIT: Sorry, noticed that the Bitrate sucks on that one. Hope it'll still be enough to get a better picture of the problem.

System

CPU: i5 4460 4x3,2Ghz

GPU: Palit Geforce GTX 760 2GB VRAM

RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz in Dual Channel

Game is running on a Seagate 1TB SSHD

(Monitor is an iiyama Blackhawk 27inch, 1920x1080)

I made a short video to show this shimmering/flickering/blur effect which seems to be a known problem but sadly I didn't find any good posts that could have helped me out.

I do hope someone can help me with this problem and I appreciate every help. Also, if there's an information missing, let me know and I'll provide it as fast as I can.

EDIT: Okay, after doing a clean install, the problem seems to persist. I'm nearly 100% sure that I uninstalled every Skyrim-relasted data on my computer (I didn't just uninstall it through Steam, tried to

track down all possible leftovers)

So, what did I do next? Well I only installed Alternate Start, to skip the painful opening scene and travelled to Winterhold again, as the problem gets monitored there perfectly. Still, it didn't change a thing. Rightnow I uninstalled the High-res Pack from Bethesda, to see if it was the troublemaker, which showed not to be true (Got the High-res patch installed before). I already tried to disable some DOF or Radialblur in the skyrimprefs.ini, which didn't solve my problem aswell. As for showcase, I did another video with a higher bitrate, than the previous had. This time, no single graphicsmod installed!

Updated video (Only mods are: iHud, SkyUI, Alternate Start, USLEEP): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNQEP1ZqS3Q

I belive it's pretty easy to see the problem now, as this video now has a higher bitrate.

Thanks in advance!

EndlessWay aka. Jerre

Edited by EndlessWay

i had same blue-green and sometime rainbow effect, but on openig menus, or on compas labels when turn to them, or in dialog. all this was before game crash. in my cause the problem was in sky ui. i had overwrited it swf fies with another mod and problem was solved. no guarantees it will work for you.

Hmm, just did a fresh install with only alternate start installed, teleported to the exact same location once again to see these rainbow effects still seem to be present.

I'm out of any knowledge now to be honest. I did even install it on my SSD, switching the drive it once ran on...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is an old post, but did anyone ever find the fix for this? I just spent days modding my Skyrim for a fresh playthrough only to find that I've got this issue that makes the game completely unplayable for me. A clean install with newly reinstalled drivers does nothing to fix it.

• 7 months later...

It seems that I have the same issue with this strange blue blurred effect every time I move the camera a bit.

I run the game with lots of mods, the highest graphic settings and fullscreen mode.

The funny thing is.. I accidentally fixed it.. after I alt - tabbed to a different screen and back to the game it somehow fixes the issue. At least in my case.