• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

CommanderVex

CommanderVex

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I can't seem to install any mods on NMM apart from manual Downloads, NMM doesn't work, tried re-enabling the download thing but doesn't work, assistance please

Edited by CommanderVex, 06 June 2018 - 07:56 PM.

WastelandAssassin

WastelandAssassin

Your Friendly Neighborhood Assassin

• Premium Member
  • 6,790 posts

what exactly is the issue?

what can't you do? download mods with NMM? if so , which version of NMM do you have? are you seeing any errors? if so , which?

instyne49

instyne49

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 377 posts

Try running NMM as Administrator. Open the settings. On the top are 3 check boxes under Associations, click on the middle one that says Associate with NXM URLs. It might be checked already, still click it, twice if you have to, so it stays checked.  When you normally open NMM settings those choices are grayed out and can't be changed. That should work if you stopped using Vortex.

CommanderVex

CommanderVex

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Try running NMM as Administrator. Open the settings. On the top are 3 check boxes under Associations, click on the middle one that says Associate with NXM URLs. It might be checked already, still click it, twice if you have to, so it stays checked.  When you normally open NMM settings those choices are grayed out and can't be changed. That should work if you stopped using Vortex.

what exactly is the issue?

what can't you do? download mods with NMM? if so , which version of NMM do you have? are you seeing any errors? if so , which?

I click the Download NMM button, the one that does it automatically, and it does nothing.It ocasionally opens a random ad. I have also tried the administrator thing though I'll try again

WastelandAssassin

WastelandAssassin

• Premium Member
  • 6,790 posts

are you talking about the Mod Manager Download button? the one you can find in a mod's file section? or the Download NMM button that should allow you to download the actual program of NMM?

because these are two very different things

if it's the former , what exactly does happen when you use that button? don't you get the pop up that allows you to download the file?

if you see something else , please provide a picture of what you are seeing

CommanderVex

CommanderVex

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

are you talking about the Mod Manager Download button? the one you can find in a mod's file section? or the Download NMM button that should allow you to download the actual program of NMM?

if it's the former , what exactly does happen when you use that button? don't you get the pop up that allows you to download the file?

I'm talking about the button used to download the mod, and it does nothing, the download thing pops up but in NMM nothing happen's, I

ll try to take a screen shot

yems9tL.png

As you can see nothing happen's when I click the button

instyne49

instyne49

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 377 posts

I'm talking about the button used to download the mod, and it does nothing, the download thing pops up but in NMM nothing happen's, I

yems9tL.png

Two questions. Have you had Vortex installed and tried to use it instead of NMM? If you have, did you try my solution? If the answer to the first question is no, the second question is irrelevant. My solution still won't hurt to try. Good luck. 

WastelandAssassin

WastelandAssassin

• Premium Member
  • 6,790 posts

well , in the window you have opened there is a button to download the file (in case it doesn't start automatically)

have you tried using that?

also , I would recommend logging in with NMM , to eliminate the chance this is causing the issue (I don't know if it could cause it , but better safe......)

CommanderVex

CommanderVex

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

well , in the window you have opened there is a button to download the file (in case it doesn't start automatically)

also , I would recommend logging in with NMM , to eliminate the chance this is causing the issue (I don't know if it could cause it , but better safe......)

yems9tL.png

Two questions. Have you had Vortex installed and tried to use it instead of NMM? If you have, did you try my solution? If the answer to the first question is no, the second question is irrelevant. My solution still won't hurt to try. Good luck. 

First I had used it in the past, however I uninstalled it recently, as it had worked in Vortex but prefered NMM for its simplicity and preformance, and I am logged it, I think that NMM is just broken, I may try to reinstall it and the patch

WastelandAssassin

WastelandAssassin

• Premium Member
  • 6,790 posts

for future reference , please avoid quoting posts you aren't replying to (just to make posts concise and readable)

on the issue of NMM , I haven't heard any reports of 0.65.2 being broken

however , I suggest that you visit the download page , and take the link to the GitHUB page which hosts the latest version of NMM (I believe it's 0.65.5)

download and install this version , and see if it works properly for you

also make sure to log in via NMM (from your images we can clearly see you aren't logged in with NMM) . again , I don't know if this could cause the issue , but try it and see if it changes anything

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nexus mod manager, bugs

Page loaded in: 0.862 seconds