sharing mod list/mod order?

Gamyr

Is there a way to share the current list of installed mods and their load order? I'd like to be able to share with mod authors, when asking for help, and also to show my mod list to people, to compare mods and such.

Is there a way to share the current list of installed mods and their load order? I'd like to be able to share with mod authors, when asking for help, and also to show my mod list to people, to compare mods and such.

Windows 10 is coming with Snipping Tool. Just click on it, hit on New ( your screen will kind of change ) and copy ( kind of print screen ) your mod list and hit the Save button on the Snipping Tool window. Your picture will be saved in Your Pictures. Come back to Nexus and in your post, hit the More Reply Options ( bottom right ) and hit the attach and go from there. You will post your mod list ....

.... however, to what end you want to do that ? Vortex is very simple. Just install/enable Mod by mod and if there is a conflict between mods, click the red bolt on the last mod you installed and a window will pop up displaying what mods are conflicting with you chosen mod; my recommendation is to choose "load after" all of them and hit the save tab. Repeat that with all mods that show any conflict.

Once you are done with your mods, let Vortex to auto-sort the Plugins .. or you can hit the Sort tab and Vortex will sort them out. Trust it 100% and play your game. It is as simple as I told you because I have done it with my two games : SkyrimSE and Fallout4.

The order your install your mods is important though. If you need help with that, I do follow S.E.P.T.I.M. .... you will find this instruction in Nexus. Just type that word in the Search tab and you will get there. I am pretty sure that if you follow SEPTIM and you resolve your conflicts in the Mods Tab in the way I told you, you will not have any trouble.

So far, I have played Fallout 4 during 49 hours and SkyrimSE during 15 hours and I have not had the need to use any Dependencies or Groups in Vortex at all .... the only thing I did with Fallout 4 was to create a couple of Conflict Patches via FO4Edit that took me not more than 10 minutes.

You can post your Mods list if you want to but I do not see the need. If you want suggestions of what mods are good or not, well, that is a matter of preference. I do recommend to read the mod description and posts of each mod and decide for yourself if you either like the mod or not. There are some mods that are know to cause CTD's and the best way to find out is by reading the mod Posts .. you will find a lot of information in there from users that have played with the mod so you can figure out if you want to give it a try or not.

And remember, not matter how good your load order is or how much help you get, Bethesda games are not perfect and you will probably crash once in a while. Nothing is perfect by the way. I have had some crashes in Fallout4 because I am playing with WOTC ( War of the Commonwealth ) setup above the default and this a very heavy mod and it has been advised by the mod author that whoever uses this mod, will have some CTD's, so I am ok with that as long as they are not every 5 minutes. So far I have had 4 in 48 hours which it is very acceptable by me. You will never play either game without any CTD or stuttering.

Windows 10 is coming with Snipping Tool. Just click on it, hit on New ( your screen will kind of change ) and copy ( kind of print screen ) your mod list and hit the Save button on the Snipping Tool window. Your picture will be saved in Your Pictures. Come back to Nexus and in your post, hit the More Reply Options ( bottom right ) and hit the attach and go from there. You will post your mod list ....

That's a terrible solution, because mod pages are going to end up being cluttered with pictures of everybody's load order.

There needs to be a text output of the mod list, because it would be far better because people can post their load order on a mod page enclosed in SPOILER TAGS to save space.

Have big long jpgs in a post is a terrible idea.

That's a terrible solution, because mod pages are going to end up being cluttered with pictures of everybody's load order.

There needs to be a text output of the mod list, because it would be far better because people can post their load order on a mod page enclosed in SPOILER TAGS to save space.

Have big long jpgs in a post is a terrible idea.

You are right but now that you bring it up, how do you copy / paste from the MODS tab in Vortex ?

That's only the list of plugins, but not the list of mods...

When people post their load orders, they post the Plugins aka esps/esms

That's what's needed, Wryebash has this, NMM has it, and if people are going to be using Vortex from the very start, people are going to start to want to post their load orders on mod pages for help.

That's only the list of plugins, but not the list of mods...

When people post their load orders, they post the Plugins aka esps/esms

That's what's needed, Wryebash has this, NMM has it, and if people are going to be using Vortex from the very start, people are going to start to want to post their load orders on mod pages for help.

Well, I disagree with you. My load order, how many mods and what type of mods I installed, have nothing to do with Vortex at all. The only thing anybody need to know when installing/enable mods in Vortex are : how to setup your rules ( that has been advised already in this forum ) and if you do not like a mod or it is not working as it should, proceed to "disable" the mod but do not delete it or remove it so your game will not get corrupted .. UNLESS … you are sure that going back to your previous save will be ok or ultimately, reinstall the whole thing again.

My load order are a list of mods that I freely chose and if it is causing crashes to my game, it is not because a faulty mod manager in the first place but because most likely, I did not do my homework. There are forums for each game where we can post our load orders looking for help and at the same time, there are thousand of recommendations already here in Nexus and everywhere in the entire www about how to handle load orders. People do not like to read and expect that somebody fix their load orders by just looking at it. It is not that simple and you know it.

Now, being able to copy/paste from the MODS tab is something that Tannin needs to decide. If he adds that function, it is fine with me, however, I do not believe it is absolutely necessary for anybody but I could be wrong.

I don't know of a way to get the load order as a text output from within vortex but the load order is stored as a text file at /users/<username>/AppData/Local/Skyrim Special Edition/loadorder.txt or some variation depending on which game you're interested in. There really needs to be a button that displays your plugin load order as a text file though from within Vortex. That's usually one of the first things people ask for if you ask for help on something and currently there's just no intuitive way to get it in Vortex.