Very low fps in Diamond City.

dontplay21

Upon entering a Diamond City and gazing all over the city, I get 28-31FPS(It gets better when I look in other directions, where there is not so much objects in sight). However in Boston area my fps is 40-60. I tested it on lowest settings. And increased settings seem to not affect perfomance in Diamond City.I tried Boston Fps Fix and PhyOP - these mods do not really have a noticable effect for me.

My Specs:

AMD FX-6100 6-core 3.30 GHz

12GB Ram

Nvidia 1050Ti 4gb

Funny things is, I used to run Fallout 4 on weaker system(4gb Ram, 1gb V-ram, 4-core proccesor) and get 30 fps in Diamond City on lowest settings.

Does anyone has the same problem? Or maybe knows a solution?

Please read around the fora a bit. There must be over a hundred topics involving low fps. Mainly because FO4 is badly optimised for PC as it's been ported rather lacklusterly. Even people with a 1080ti are getting severe fps drops all over. Myself, I'm running a Vega64 (1080 equivalent) and also have fps drops in Diamond City and other places.

Upon entering a Diamond City and gazing all over the city, I get 28-31FPS(It gets better when I look in other directions, where there is not so much objects in sight). However in Boston area my fps is 40-60. I tested it on lowest settings. And increased settings seem to not affect perfomance in Diamond City.I tried Boston Fps Fix and PhyOP - these mods do not really have a noticable effect for me.

My Specs:

AMD FX-6100 6-core 3.30 GHz

12GB Ram

Nvidia 1050Ti 4gb

Funny things is, I used to run Fallout 4 on weaker system(4gb Ram, 1gb V-ram, 4-core proccesor) and get 30 fps in Diamond City on lowest settings.

Does anyone has the same problem? Or maybe knows a solution?

As above, the the port is bad, I also have some drops for no reason (8600k / 1080 ti).

Also, the fx may have a hard/harder time with a npc filled area, since it's not rly a powerfull cpu.. at least weak single core performance in games, soo 30-40 fps, sounds okay.

But yeah, the port is rly bad...

Hmm, well u could try some ini tweaks and/or tweaks via nvidia control panel.

so could Bethesda improve the performance in certain areas of the game through patches/updates?

It seems the latest several updates were fixing or adding something else than performance improvements and bugs

so could Bethesda improve the performance in certain areas of the game through patches/updates?

It seems the latest several updates were fixing or adding something else than performance improvements and bugs

Not without a complete revision of the game. Unlikely to happen, or they should do a Skyrim SE and release a FO4 version redone for PC. Probably in 2020.

Hi

When the game came out all the people I know that played it had no issues at all. They all used i5 2500k CPUs or better. They all had a GTX 970 or better. I played the game at 4k resolution with a i7 2600k and a 980 ti. It did 60fps most of the time. The only noticeable low frame rate issue I had was looking through a scope & they fixed that.

By the time the DLCs & patches came out things changed. I had to drop my resolution to 1440 to maintain the same frame rate & I got drops into the 30s in strange places. The only people I know that didn't get major performance issues are the ones that didn't buy the DLCs. I also know that mods were not to blame since most only added CBBE & a few armours.

There is something I have learned recently that may help. Adding textures to the game have a bigger impact to the CPU that it does to the GPU. When I added the High Resolution Texture Pack to my game it was less smooth & had pauses. That was with an i7 2600k with a GTX 1080. The High Resolution Texture Pack used 7.5gs vram so I know I had enough. It was the same with my i7 6700k/GTX 1080 ti rig but to a lesser extent. The impact to performance to both computers was so great that I uninstalled the pack. I upgraded the i7 2600k to a i7 8700k. I forgot that Steam would reinstall the texture pack & several weeks when by before I noticed. The pack had no impact with the i7 8700k installed. The difference was the CPU. Not the GPU.

The vanilla terrain textures in this game are 2k. They work fine for me at 2k & 4k screen resolution. If I had your specs & was having performance problems I would try Fallout 4 - Texture Optimization Project. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/978

I have hope for the future of PC ports, thanks to the Xbox 1X.

Later