Can't get Nexus working

sithlord2

I just installed Nexus Mod Manager, and it found my game "Skyrim: special edition". So far so good.

However, it ten gives me the error "Could not get version information from the update server". So I'm unable to download any mods. All the categories in the "mods" window are empty. What am I supposed to do?

I'm running NMM 0.65.2, which should be the latest version.

go back to the page where you've downloaded 0.65.2

in the description there should be a link to the official NMM GitHUB page , where you can download 0.65.5 (or a newer version , if 0.65.5 isn't the latest)

try downloading whichever is the latest version from there , and see if it solves the issue

and just to let you know , NMM isn't officially supported here . the team is still working on it , but they are doing it on the GitHUB page

I downloaded 0.65.5 from the github page, but still the same result.

Are there any alternatives to NMM at the moment? I don't have much hope NMM will be fixed and usable in the future, as many people seem to have issues with it.

for mod managers , you have NMM , Vortex , MO1 and MO2

you seem to already know NMM , or at least you are having issues with it

Vortex is the latest of the bunch , but it's still in development . I haven't tried using it thus far , but I'm more inclined to wait until it's ironed out for now

I've been using Mod Organizer (both 1 & 2) for quite a few years , and I personally love it

I would suggest trying to use MO2 . it's not as easy to use as NMM , and it takes some learning to get a hang of , but I feel it's really worth it

as for the actual issue you have with NMM , since I haven't seen any reports of this error with the latest versions , I don't know what might be the cause of it

if you still wish to try NMM , maybe try running it as Admin , and make sure you've installed and set it up correctly