Water isn't a rainbow.

09jlardinois

I want to make a water mod. I can't stand water mods.

Water isn't blue. Water isn't green. Water isn't brown. Water is black and water is clear.

Clarity gets reduced the deeper you go. About 3 to 8 feet down you can't see anything, depending on murkiness.

However, I don't know how to make this mod. Can someone show me? Or, otherwise, here's a request.

Water isn't brightly colored and vibrant. These mods, and vanilla water, look absolutely ridiculous. It's immersion breaking when I look across the ocean and realize that grown adults still think the sun is yellow and grass is green and the sky is blue and the sun goes in the corner of the paper with a smily face and the house gets a chimney with little swirly smoke and the window has a cross in it and good god people.

Water is dark. Black. But clear. Period.

Other parts of the world? Yeah, you'll see it differently. Not in Boston.

Your water looks ridiculous. Water isn't a rainbow. Hell, rainbows aren't even that colorful.

I stood at the beach on both sides of the Atlantic on sunny days (Playa De Las Americas on the Island of Tenerife in Europe and Breezy Point near Far Rockaway Beach in New York) and I can guarantee you that the water is blue. Water reflects the sky but H2O has the same colour properties as air: blue. Sometimes it's greenish because of algae. Plus, all the points you make are personal opinions and the way you see things.

There's no two people in the world that see colours in the same way. The differences are small most of the time, but sometimes they're quite large.

Rainbows not colourful? They consist of all the differently coloured reflections of the visible light spectrum, so, rainbows are the most colourful items in nature. Sure, they're mostly transparant and as such they may often look a bit washed-out, depending on amount of water and available light, but still.

Don't let this hold you back from making a water mod, though :wink:

Are you sure you aren't confusing it with strong coffee or tar?

I seen blue or cyan colored waters at the beach.. green and brown aswell because of the algae and mud

Also water contaminated with gasoline is actually rainbow colored.. so there you go :ermm:

Edited by Lythael