Unarmed Weapons as Armor

Nktails

Imagine having your unarmed weapons like power fists, two-step goodbye, or brass knuckles on while you use your other weaponry. I've goofed around with FNVedit to test around with it and it's entirely possible but I just can't seem to get the wrist models as well as the glove models to be both present at once. Anyone interested enough to complete this idea?

I'v done it for the powerfist (posted somewhere in this forum). Some are even already armor using a separate armor list form (ARMA), so really your just juggling around form types for most items. Which ones do you want done? Also keep in mind we have a limited number of body slots to hang them from (I like to use addOn1-3 for most misc stuff), but if it's just one for each hand I guess that's not a big deal.

Really I'm just looking for the Two-Step Goodbye as a piece of armor, it's my favorite unarmed weapon functionally and it looks great with the remnants power armor or the elite riot gear. Pushy would be great, too.

Really I'm just looking for the Two-Step Goodbye as a piece of armor, it's my favorite unarmed weapon functionally and it looks great with the remnants power armor or the elite riot gear. Pushy would be great, too.

No problem, *if* you aren't in a rush. Sometimes several days go by before I get a chance to mod. I can also make it so the "fake" armor is automatically equipped when the real weapon (goodbye or pushy) is unequipped, so it's all automatic.

If anybody wants to help out Nktails before I get a chance to, feel free.......I'm not calling dibs or anything. And it's really easy, you'll just be making a new armor form that points to the relevant models or hijacking the existing ARMA form. Then under the script for onEquip/onAdd and onUnequip/onDrop have it equipped/unequipped as appropriate. body slot 4 is right hand if you want to have it monitor if other gloves bump it.

Yeah, I'm pretty much just looking for that lol. The extras would be preeettty interesting, though.

No problem, we'll start with a basic armor and then look at some of the more advanced features.

Hello guys, just wanted to weigh in that I'm very interested in this as well, and the more different weapons the better so it can be use with more characters. I play the game a lot and would greatly appreciate if anyone made this.

I appreciate your enthusiasm Qaerixxszhara :thumbsup: . This thread is a bit more about making the powerfist type weapons display even when they are not equipped, so not really new weapons, but a new twist on an existing weapon.

Yes I understand that devin. What I mean is, the more of the existing power fists get this feature/have a display model, the better, as I for one like to use varying weapons depending on the theme/style of my character. I have honestly wanted this since forever, as I but I thought it would be super difficult and time consuming to do which is why I haven't bothered asking for it myself. So this is awesome! :D

By the way, would it be possible to supply this great mod with one that creates an assigned punching hotkey? Like, I know there are mods that create a seperate hotkey for instantly lobbing a grenade, like some FPSs have, and with a power fist constantly displayed, it would be AMAZING if we could use it to its fullest, actual potential - just letting go of our rifles for a sec, punching an oncoming enemy away then grabbing our shooter again and adding an extra hole to their face before they recover. I have always imagine my meant-to-be-badass type characters doing this, and I'm sure many others have as well.

Edited by Qaerixxszhara

What I mean is, the more of the existing power fists get this feature/have a display model, the better, as I for one like to use varying weapons depending on the theme/style of my character.

Cool, well if you think of any others you want added the mix, let me know because I'll probably be doing the rigging tonight. I had forgot there is a rigid component (sat on the human skeleton weapon's node and needs to be reassisghned to the wrist)

By the way, would it be possible to supply this great mod with one that creates an assigned punching hotkey? Like, I know there are mods that create a seperate hotkey for instantly lobbing a grenade, like some FPSs have, and with a power fist constantly displayed, it would be AMAZING if we could use it to its fullest, actual potential - just letting go of our rifles for a sec, punching an oncoming enemy away then grabbing our shooter again and adding an extra hole to their face before they recover. I have always imagine my meant-to-be-badass type characters doing this, and I'm sure many others have as well.

I did do that for pistols (aka pistol whipping/weapon bashing), vid;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__oAxnTBwZs

But I'd have to probably use a different method if another weapon is still in the hand when the punch is a thrown. Let me ponder a bit and see if I can come up with a practical method.