CK crashes when saving Merged Plugins plugin. Navmesh problem?

On my last plugin merged I got the error "There were some Navmesh conflicts. You'll need to rebuild these navmeshes in the CK".

I look up how to fix this problem that ends with saving the merged plugin in CK. The problem being that CK crashes every time I try to save it.

Problem might be that I am using instructions for LE but for the life of me I can't see how that would make a difference. For now I'm just going to remove all the plugins that mess with navmeshes from the merge plugin but I would really like to know how to go about fixing this.

• 3 weeks later...

SSEEdit can't be used to finalize a navmesh cell. That has to be done in CK. If you want to merge two mods that add Navmeshes like house mods with portal doors going into internal cells, you'll have to rebuild the meshes in the Creation Kit.

Open SSEEdit. Expand it in the left pane, then right click "Navigation Mesh Info Map" and click "Remove" . Exit SSEEdit once that's done, the plugin will save automatically without an exterior Navmesh.

Now merge the two mods without exterior navmesh.

Load your merge files into the CK and rebuild the exterior Navmesh. I'm assuming the merge is best done after you removed the exterior Navmesh.

To get a copy of an earlier save go to your backup folder found in your Skyrim Special edition directory. The safest way to handle combining two mods with Navmesh is to remove the exterior navmesh first, then merge them and then rebuild the Navmesh in CK.

1. Remove Exterior navmesh from both mods

2. Merge the house mods

3. Now open the CK with the merged house mods and rebuild your exterior navmesh.