Vortex 0.15.2

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Beer Ambassador

• Premium Member
  • 6,807 posts

1. "Vortex seems to be running already. If you can't see it, please check the task manager."

2. SO I check the task manager and there are 3 instances of Vortex trying to load.
I use "END TASK" and all three Vortex.exe go away.
There are no Vortex.exes in my task manager (even checked with Sysinternals Process Explorer.

3. I double click the desktop icon, I see 3 vortex.exes in my task manager again and again get the "Vortex seems to be running already. If you can't see it, please check the task manager." warning.

4. goto 2

Uninstalled and reinstalled, still can't run it because it insists its already running.

rmm200

rmm200

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Since this is an absolutely general Topic title, let me add:

Vortex 0.15.2, if you get it running, seems to have fixed all performance problems.

Deployment - and checking for conflicts - and uninstalling mods - is the fastest I have ever seen.

Good job Tannin and crew!

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Beer Ambassador

• Premium Member
  • 6,807 posts

Since this is an absolutely general Topic title, let me add:

Vortex 0.15.2, if you get it running, seems to have fixed all performance problems.

Deployment - and checking for conflicts - and uninstalling mods - is the fastest I have ever seen.

Good job Tannin and crew!

Yea, it'd be nice if I could run it.
Thanks also for hijacking my topic

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Beer Ambassador

• Premium Member
  • 6,807 posts

Got it to run, but it will only run if I set it to "Run as adminstrator'

But now, I can't get any downloads completed, it just randomly quits at around 48% - 51%

Tannin42

Tannin42

Faithful poster

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

a) Could you please check the vortex.log? It should have a more detailed explanation about why the db can't be opened
b) If you don't want your threads to be hijacked, don't call them "Vortex 0.15.2" or "Help!" or "Question".
c) Don't run Vortex or anything as administrator, this is probably the cause of your problem to begin with. Once you've started running stuff as admin, you can't go back to not running as admin because it will mess up your file permissions and then you need admin rights (or the knowledge to fix file permissions) to run it normally again.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Beer Ambassador

• Premium Member
  • 6,807 posts

a) Could you please check the vortex.log? It should have a more detailed explanation about why the db can't be opened
b) If you don't want your threads to be hijacked, don't call them "Vortex 0.15.2" or "Help!" or "Question".
c) Don't run Vortex or anything as administrator, this is probably the cause of your problem to begin with. Once you've started running stuff as admin, you can't go back to not running as admin because it will mess up your file permissions and then you need admin rights (or the knowledge to fix file permissions) to run it normally again.

I CAN ONLY RUN VORTEX AS ADMIN...I'VE SAID IT IN THE PREVIOUS POST "I CAN ONLY RUN VORTEX AS ADMINISTRATOR"

IT JUST HANGS IF I RUN IT WITHOUT ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEGES

As far as the thread hijacking, I hit enter before I could finish typing the topic, therefore I was stuck with the generic topic.

It also doesn't help that half of my Fallout 4 mods that I downloaded are named "ROBCO FUN2" by Vortex either.

Got it to run, but it will only run if I set it to "Run as adminstrator'

Tannin42

Tannin42

Faithful poster

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

I CAN ONLY RUN VORTEX AS ADMIN...I'VE SAID IT IN THE PREVIOUS POST "I CAN ONLY RUN VORTEX AS ADMINISTRATOR"
IT JUST HANGS IF I RUN IT WITHOUT ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEGES

Because you ran it as administrator for no good reason before and now your vortex db is probably only accessible by admin. -> PEBCAK
If you had posted your log file instead of screaming at me (in red too) I might be able to know for sure.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Beer Ambassador

• Premium Member
  • 6,807 posts

Which one?

I've got Vortex.log, and Vortex1, vortex2, vortex3, and vortex4 in the ProgramData\Vortex Folder

also a Vortex.log in Users\name\appdata\roaming\vortex

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Beer Ambassador

• Premium Member
  • 6,807 posts

Vortex.log from Users\appdata\roaming\vortex

Spoiler

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Beer Ambassador

• Premium Member
  • 6,807 posts

So do I have to Take Ownership/Restore Rights to the Vortex folder and subfolders and files in C:\ProgramData\Vortex to be able to run it without admin privileges?

Page loaded in: 0.740 seconds