Font Replacement / Mod Organizer Difficulties

MKDK

I'm having trouble getting a font replacer to take effect while running Skyrim SE through SKSE and Mod Organizer 2. I installed the Sovngarde Font Replacer (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/386/) through MO2, making sure to check the mod's box in MO's left pane. However, when I run Skyrim through MO as I mentioned, the font for all texts is Skyrim's default. Manually installing the mod's files made no difference. Curiously, when I boot up the game directly via SkyrimSE.exe from the game folder, the font replacement takes effect correctly and consistently.

I should also mention that my SkyrimSE is updated to 1.5.39 and I have the latest release of SKSE64.

EDIT: RESOLVED.

For changes to font defaults to take effect when using MO, the appropriate font files must not only be installed, but the appropriate Interface Font must be chosen within Skyrim.ini under the [Fonts] tab by editing the ini FROM WITHIN MO. If using the English language version of Sovngarde, the appropriate setting would be

[Fonts]

sFontConfigFile=Interface\FontConfig.txt

if it were not set to this already for whatever reason. Again, ini changes must be made by using MO2's tools > ini editor, not by directly editing from within the game folders.

If one were using a different language version then "FontConfig.txt" would be replaced with the appropriate variant from Data\Interface

Otherwise one would have either the wrong language or even text replaced with boxes in-game. I guess MO2 doesn't recognize edits made directly to the ini file.

Edited by MKDK