Captcha on Login

kamikatze13

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Not surprised to find this large thread devoted to this troublesome issue.)

As someone who both builds websites and is a Premium member (for years), I find these incessant reCaptcha requests to be way over the top. Same browser, same machine, same IP should not result in verifying several pictures every time I log in. In reality, Google is simply using your site as a distributed learning node for their neural network. There are other alternatives.

Guest deleted34304850

your privacy settings are borked. if they're set correctly, you can do captcha once and that's it. if however, you purge your cookies or do something else equally as daft, then you're gonna face this.

sort your privacy settings out. as a builder of websites you should know this, it's web building 101.

your privacy settings are borked. if they're set correctly, you can do captcha once and that's it. if however, you purge your cookies or do something else equally as daft, then you're gonna face this.

sort your privacy settings out. as a builder of websites you should know this, it's web building 101.

And you're daft if you think I haven't already attempted this on multiple occasions. The problem is with v2 and whether or not Google slaps an IP with what it sometimes describes as questionable traffic. I went the past year having to enter a reCaptcha request on the Nexus maybe once or twice/month. Now, however, it's every time. Nothing, as is nada, has changed on my end. If Nexus went to version 3 it's likely this wouldn't happen as it runs a java api. But if you think this problem is only user side, then you have obviously not spent 30 seconds doing a google search which results in hundreds and hundreds of complaints across the past few years about this problem. If this is the best you can do...try harder.

the best i can do is have my privacy settings set correctly so i don't get the issues you get. :smile:

And again...as simple as I can state it: captcha requests are not solely based on cookies or so-called privacy settings. That's a fact.

I haven't seen a captcha to this website since 2010, because I have my Nexus cookies set.

• 8 months later...