Captcha on Login

kamikatze13

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, i c, i´m not alone...

it took much effort for me the last minutes to get a successful login on this site with this captcha
i wondered because of "wrong captcha" but i havn't seen any captcha question
then i got it to the point were i can click "i´m not a robot" but nothing more happend
on my 7th 8th whatever try, for a blink of an eye ;), a screen popped up with cars and streets and buildings, i clicked through 3 screens? lool and after that "wrong captcha" (ya ofc, the solution for this captchas are gone in the nirvana [3rd party cookie forbidden])

i had to analyze the nexussite for unsecure behaviors and took some action on it:
i had to unblock google
i had to allow 3rd party sites in general (plugin)
i had to explicit allow some google IP´s to get it work (firewall of AV-Software)
last but not least, i had to use a complete different computer here in my network. my gaming rig seems "too secure" for nexus now.

in other words - THIS IS A BAD BAD BAD IDEA :)
can't use my android phone - same problems
so i can't use nexus anymore
and what about cursecdn.com or what about quantserv.com why theeeeese domains?

gstatic.com, google.com, google-analytics.com, cloudfront.net why do i need these domains to download "my" mods? i thought nexusmods.com should be enough?

i feel sourrounded by hostiles here now and i do not talk about the nexus users ;)

p.s. i can not do all this actions again and again because i wanna login to nexus

i got punished because of some dumbs using the same logins or silly passwords. where is the problem with "hacked" accounts? they can download the mods now ya, delete some modders mods, ya -who cares? - then reupload or restore it and change the password of the compromised account, inform the user

a more secure login procedure - ok - but no captchas, not this ones

even a blank internet explorer do not work and that says much i guess... :)

Hm, i c, i´m not alone...

it took much effort for me the last minutes to get a successful login on this site with this captcha

i wondered because of "wrong captcha" but i havn't seen any captcha question

then i got it to the point were i can click "i´m not a robot" but nothing more happend

on my 7th 8th whatever try, for a blink of an eye :wink:, a screen popped up with cars and streets and buildings, i clicked through 3 screens? lool and after that "wrong captcha" (ya ofc, the solution for this captchas are gone in the nirvana [3rd party cookie forbidden])

i had to analyze the nexussite for unsecure behaviors and took some action on it:

i had to unblock google

i had to allow 3rd party sites in general (plugin)

i had to explicit allow some google IP´s to get it work (firewall of AV-Software)

last but not least, i had to use a complete different computer here in my network. my gaming rig seems "too secure" for nexus now.

in other words - THIS IS A BAD BAD BAD IDEA :smile:

can't use my android phone - same problems

so i can't use nexus anymore

and what about cursecdn.com or what about quantserv.com why theeeeese domains?

gstatic.com, google.com, google-analytics.com, cloudfront.net why do i need these domains to download "my" mods? i thought nexusmods.com should be enough?

i feel sourrounded by hostiles here now and i do not talk about the nexus users :wink:

p.s. i can not do all this actions again and again because i wanna login to nexus

i got punished because of some dumbs using the same logins or silly passwords. where is the problem with "hacked" accounts? they can download the mods now ya, delete some modders mods, ya -who cares? - then reupload or restore it and change the password of the compromised account, inform the user

a more secure login procedure - ok - but no captchas, not this ones

even a blank internet explorer do not work and that says much i guess... :smile:

Ditto - exact same thing here....must have been through 20 'captcha's tonight trying to get the forums. Most pix are so low rez that a microscope would be needed to actually identify anything in them - plus even when the called for ID's are made - it just recycles to another captcha check in - and again - rinse, repeat! Ugh!!!

Google Captcha is a daily nuisance and I will stop logging in. It provides no benefit to me and is infuriating. I use 20 char RNG passwords, I don't need this 'protection'. Please find a different solution to whatever problem you are trying to solve.

I have more of a programming issue to report. Like many people here, I have Google blocked by default. In my case, I have their scripts blacklisted unless I temporarily whitelist them.

You have not put anything into the login form to indicate there is a captcha. If scripts from Google's domain are blocked, the login form looks exactly the same, but you get an error about the captcha failing. Please update the form to indicate there's supposed to be a captcha there. Not everyone whose computer has been set up with basic security is also technically adept enough to guess they need to allow more scripts. All you need is a NOSCRIPT block indicating "Please allow scripts from google.com to see the CAPTCHA"

On a related note, have you considered just using someone else for the captcha? A lot of the people complaining are annoyed it's a Google captcha rather than just because it's a captcha.

R0b0lus10n is absolutly right. These captach are a real pain in the ass. Seriously find another solution asap or user like me are out and find/found a new place for mods. Oh and by the way a Nexusnews about it would have been great, but i guess the staff nows that these would piss of people and wanted to make a "silent" takedown on us.

These captach are a real pain in the ass. Seriously find another solution asap or user like me are out and find/found a new place for mods.

I disagree. Remember, one only need to complete the puzzle one time when login here and that seems to cover the entire Nexus site.

After that people need to click on the "I am not a robot." check box every time a member login.

Personally, I prefer the Captcha solution to prevent spam bots. I also think people need to get used to it and I've started of getting used to it. Give it time.

Don't bother, guys, our majesty could not give less of a damn.

EDIT: @leonardo2: That's the kind of attitude that enables companies to implement more and more consumer unfriendly practices because "people get used to it". You are working against yourself and they don't even have to break a sweat.

Edited by 7thNighthawk