Captcha on Login

kamikatze13

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This happened to another site that I use to use often, it stopped me and other I know from hardly ever logging in.

I no longer visit this site often but with this is an extreme nuisance, so why bother. You normally just want to to quickly log in, check things and then log out. The captcha pretty much but a halt to it.

Why not force people to change the password every 3 to 6 months and be very strict on the length and characters used. If its been over X months without password change, force captcha log in until the password has been changed.

But the captcha is not the solution.

Not a fan of steam but it does have the advantage of no captcha.

Thanks for the service.

The current captcha-thing sucks. The text is almost unreadable and I wasted about 10 attempts without success. Even used the speech function to avoid reading-errors and I'm shure most of my attempts had been correct. But it still said "wrong captcha".

I understand the intention to exclude bots, but as long it blocks registered users from login it makes no sense.

What's strange: When I tried to login with firefox it diodn't work as said above. Now I'm logged in with Avast Savebrowser and it only asked for marking the "I'm no bot" button.

That has done it, removed all my trivial mods from nexus (16 small files).

I will only log in on the rarest of occasions to dl others stuff and will never post another file here again.

I am not going to go through that bulls*** captcha every time I need to update one of my own files or the description or whatever.

Life is to short to be wasted at a login screen farting around just because some site can't get their security crap together without screwing all the bystanders...

Also that greedy revenue rubbish of not even allowing any download unless your logged in, what a nightmare.

Could understand on big files, but 2 ~ 10 kb files and you still gotta log in, that's as lame as my attitude and that's pretty lame :P

Edited by sLoPpYdOtBiGhOlE

I hate this so much... currently locked out from Nexus on my PC for the 2nd day because of this captcha crap. Had to log in on another device to make this angry rant.

Street signs:

I click all the squares that have even a little bit of a sign in them -> Fail

I click all the squares that only have a lot of sign in them -> Fail

I click all the squares with every little bit of sign AND the metal poles too -> FAIL

Cars:

Click all the squares that clearly have a car in them -> Fail

Click all squares that clearly have a car in them, get really close to the monitor and click those that have tiny tiny cars in the distance too -> FAIL

Storefronts:

Click all the storefronts -> FAIL

Click storefronts and garages -> FAIL

Click storefronts, garages, doctors offices & the like -> FAIL

Click storefronts & doctors offices & the like but not the garages -> FAIL

WHY AM I IN THIS HELL??

The only one I can win is the one with the buses. My bus recognition skills are off the charts.

Also this time I was at least smart enough to request an Audio thingy after I got the third Street Signs crap... click on Audio clue -> Your computer is sending too many requests. Locked out. ON THE 4th try??!

Apparently I'm a f***ing donkey. I used to be smart enough for this website but not anymore. I hope they teach kids how to do these captcha in schools, otherwise our next generation is in for a WORLD OF PAIN.

I've just had a very similar experience. Nine attempts after I started counting them. The total is probably somewhere between 15 and 20.

I've no idea how long it took as I didn't look at the time before I started.

Also this time I was at least smart enough to request an Audio thingy after I got the third Street Signs crap... click on Audio clue -> Your computer is sending too many requests. Locked out. ON THE 4th try??!

I think the audio thingy might be disabled. I always get the too many requests lockout no matter when I choose it.

Anyway, does anyone know how I can get the alternative mentioned above? Do I have to block Google?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jonathan

EDIT:

Got it using a bit of good old fashioned trial and error with the ad blocker.

I was able to login straight in on the first try after blocking '*.google.com/recaptcha/*' :)

Edited by ScaryBiscuit

12 attempts at captcha before finally logging in!

Is any admin reading this? How have we sinned? Why do we deserve to be punished like this? :confused:

So many other sites manage to get their login safe without this hassle, why does Nexusmods submit us to this harassment

every time we want to visit?

Please change this! We do _not_ want to mark street signs and buses _every time_ we log in! :down: