Modder to Developer - TheModernStoryteller

Pickysaurus

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the interview. I remember seeing the game trailer during E3 and was really excited for TMS, congrats on the huge achievement!

In response to post #61521112. #61523897 is also a reply to the same post.

AugustiusV wrote:

Becoming a successful modder in the first place requires passion, dedication, and grit. If one can take those virtues to the professional world of gaming development, I have no doubt that they can release a masterpiece video game. Many fans today look for developers who still pour their hearts into their games, as opposed to faceless profit-first game production. The technology available today, which is continuously improving is simply too good for the latter now. We need many more people to follow in the footsteps of the interviewed in order to create the next golden age of gaming.

TheModernStoryteller wrote: Thanks, and I hope you're right! :-)

Agreed!

"The Forgotten City", it was one of the first quest mods I used for Skyrim... I was really blown away and understood just how great a platform Skyrim provided for a modder. TheModernStoryteller, you truly are an inspiration to all those who arduously make the greatest mods out there. I've always explained to anyone who wasn't a gamer, when they ask... "What's so great about video games?" I always explain that for me it's like reading a good book that I can interact with, "The Forgotten City" was definitely grounds for a 'good book' and certainly hits it out of the park with it's original ingenuity.. I loved the way the time-traveling dynamic worked and the way the mod began, I actually didn't expect it, which isn't my average reaction to a mod, or any story for that matter.

Anyways, great job man. I will definitely be buying this game when it's all done.

Added to the Steam wishlist. I remember looking at the Skyrim mod but never got around to playing it. I will I will hold out on that and wait for this game to drop.

Good luck to TheModernStoryteller and the team.