Nexus Mod Manager is so broken !

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

chinamanch

chinamanch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

I know you guys are trying to push us to that new thing vortex but have you considered that majority are still depending on the old mod manager you could have at least gave it some thought before you borked NMM.   THANKS, A GAZILLION MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :nuke:  :nuke:  :nuke:  :nuke:  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:

SkyStars

SkyStars

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Cant even open it here... i'm gonna try uninstall.

qwertyzeldar

qwertyzeldar

That's Miss Dr. Sir Inquisitor to you

• Premium Member
  • 7,830 posts

given it some thought? like a couple years? because it was a couple years of thought. not to mention NMM is still updated on github

crazymic79

crazymic79

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

yeah, that's what i want to do, go to an external site to get an update for a program that use to do it itself...

Edited by crazymic79, 13 June 2018 - 01:37 AM.

DrakeTheDragon

DrakeTheDragon

Resident poster

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,026 posts

Going by the change logs the last community update to the NMM version on GitHub should've now made it so it "can" update itself again.

The NMM is end of line and no longer supported by the Nexus itself for quite some years now, with thrice as many public announcements telling of it ahead of time.

But one of the NMM devs is still taking good care of it, both inside here and on GitHub with the community releases, and it's seen quite some further fixes since the mandatory security updates back in April.

And let's also not forget the NMM project already was on GitHub for quite a long time ever since the code was made open source, which is, almost right from the start.

I for one am still using the NMM myself primarily, because my game's currently so over-modded it already broke a couple times and neither my free time nor the state and complexity of my mods allows for an easy "transition" as of right now. Needless to say, I haven't yet encountered any of the issues reported so far, but I'm also not modding one of the "problematic" games.

Rabbit 51

Rabbit 51

If there are no cats in Heaven then I don't want to go.

• Premium Member
  • 3,974 posts

I know you guys are trying to push us to that new thing vortex but have you considered that majority are still depending on the old mod manager you could have at least gave it some thought before you borked NMM.   THANKS, A GAZILLION MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :nuke:  :nuke:  :nuke:  :nuke:  :confused:  :confused:  e

Well, I declare. That's the thanks you get isn't it. You make a utility with your own labour and money, upload it for FREE to the site to help others to mod their games and you get this response. You know that I've been using the Mod Manager since it's release and still do. Why don't you just manually mod your game? That's the way we did it before the Manager came out. I've done both and I know what my choice is. Why don't you show a little appreciation for the good times instead of whining? Or switch over? Don't be so lightweight!!

The Rabbit

SquidBox

SquidBox

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
The good thing is, it's Open Source (GitHub), so if you want to keep using it you can submit fixes for problems you find ;)

mewmew34

mewmew34

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

I just wish I could sign into the stupid thing.  I want to add/update some Skyrim mods, but it keeps telling me it can't connect to the log in server and so the mods won't install.  Didn't even know that Nexus stopped using NMM at all.

qwertyzeldar

qwertyzeldar

That's Miss Dr. Sir Inquisitor to you

• Premium Member
  • 7,830 posts

I just wish I could sign into the stupid thing.  I want to add/update some Skyrim mods, but it keeps telling me it can't connect to the log in server and so the mods won't install.  Didn't even know that Nexus stopped using NMM at all.

Just update it

rhouston72

rhouston72

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I checked out GitHub, and I have no idea how to get my NMM updated via that site. I can't mod my FO4 anymore. :(

Page loaded in: 0.700 seconds