Not one airship in SE

tomomi1922

I am an airship lover. Thank god itâs lore friendly. Airship is essentially a flying moveable platform. A mobile base that can dock anywhere.

And not one of them made it to SE. is it because there arenât many demand? Or the creator population just have nobody who likes airship? I also read it requires rebuilding the flying framework with SKSE, so maybe itâs just too hard and time consuming to convert?

I just did a quick search by airship, air ship, zeppelin, and dirigible, and found nothing, but...

I made this hat mod for someone on the forums, for SSE. Their user images, on the mod's image page, show the hull of some sort of flying ship/blimp type thing. Maybe reach out to them, and ask which mod supplies that ship, for SSE.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17485

Hmm, well, if someone else wants to make the interior of the hold (I'm not really into making homes/dungeons/whatever) and give me some dimensions, a blimp mesh would probably be one of the easiest meshes I've ever made. Or I guess I could take one of the ship models and hang it under a blimp, if that helps.

Edit: I guess it would also help if someone made at least some minimal quest to at least hang a lampshade on how it comes be there. Or why it's you who gets to play with it, instead of the Thalmor or Empire or Ulfric that uses it to terrorize the region.

Hmm, well, if someone else wants to make the interior of the hold (I'm not really into making homes/dungeons/whatever) and give me some dimensions, a blimp mesh would probably be one of the easiest meshes I've ever made. Or I guess I could take one of the ship models and hang it under a blimp, if that helps.

Edit: I guess it would also help if someone made at least some minimal quest to at least hang a lampshade on how it comes be there. Or why it's you who gets to play with it, instead of the Thalmor or Empire or Ulfric that uses it to terrorize the region.

I know nothing of quest modding, unfortunately, but I do have a rudimentary longship interior, on my mods page. It's rough, created in nifskope only, but it might serve.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13537

I did try to convert the Oldrim mod Dev Aveza, which I used briefly in Oldrim. Sadly the meshes did not work out despite the NIF Optimizer.

I think it is one of the best airship mods. It would be good if the author could bring it over.

Oh, I see you commented on that airship, Tomomi. Shame Mertz did not reply.

It would have been cool in the Dragonborn DLC, but I think it was right it wasn't in the main Skyrim game. This stuff was still rare, even in Morrowind. I like Dwemer stuff, but it's not an excuse to turn a fantasy setting into steampunk or sci-fi.

I did try to convert the Oldrim mod Dev Aveza, which I used briefly in Oldrim. Sadly the meshes did not work out despite the NIF Optimizer.

I think it is one of the best airship mods. It would be good if the author could bring it over.

Oh, I see you commented on that airship, Tomomi. Shame Mertz did not reply.

I cannot believe a nif is the bottleneck. I always presume the scripts and other stuff would be the obstacles for convert. Anyway, Nif Optimizer can only do so much. With literately zero budget, osnius didn't spend a lot of time testing to include all possible scenarios, nor playing helpdesk for all of Skyrim SE modding players. But maybe you should look into the manual process of cleansing a NIF for SSE. I have my hand full as well dealing with some patching for another mod to look deep into this. Eventually I will, I am better with mods and texture than I am with coding.

It would have been cool in the Dragonborn DLC, but I think it was right it wasn't in the main Skyrim game. This stuff was still rare, even in Morrowind. I like Dwemer stuff, but it's not an excuse to turn a fantasy setting into steampunk or sci-fi.

Solsthiem really is terrible without roads. I have the 8k (or whatever highest resolution) 3d satellite map but it doesn't help too much. Riding a horse may run me off a cliff too. I wish this is Assassin's Creed: Origins. That game is amazing in term of access. Unlike previous AC games, I find climbing around is so much easier, not a puzzle solving process like previous AC. If I can't get to a place, it is probably super obvious. Other than that, I scale all terrains. Too bad, unlike Skyrim, there is not a whole lot to do after the main quests are over.

Back to Skyrim, airship is a part of Tamriel, albeit its rarity. There are already heavy steampunk elements with the Dwemer anyway, what is one more airship? Although I really dislike Dwemer's art direction. Their bronze look is just horrible.

My best memories or airships are the airships landing on water in Final Fantasy 11, and SkyCaptain's movie in which Angelina Jolie is the captain of the ... flying aircraft carrier/platform. There is also one anime series with good airships (I can't remember name). But for Skyrim, airships SHOULD be rare to give ships their importance. Either that or replace all ships outside Windhelm with airships (land and dock on water, like FF11). This would definitely lose Skyrim's lore to shift into more fantasy and steampunk genre.

I can totally see the Thalmor owning a few airships either as scout platform, mobile command center, or even siege engine. Maybe not siege engine, this would make the owner immensely powerful. Legions of army would be useless against a single flying siege engine.

Yes, it exists, but the point of the Dwemer is it's barely used or seen or understood. The last time Dwemer tech had any impact on story it changed the whole universe! Tiber Septim fueled Numidium and conquered the world.. and then ripped a whole in Space-Time, causing the highest god of all gods to go schizophrenic... whereby Tiber Septim became a god himself. lmao. And to this day, centuries later, hundreds of thousands STILL die because of him.. in a war over Talos.

So you see.. stay away from Dwemer stuff, I say :tongue: