Elder Scrolls 6 confirmed with a small video to

niphilim222

Of course, that just wasn't a problem in Morrowind, as the dungeons were one level, with two or three rooms...... :smile:

Good idea for a mod. When are you gonna to release it? :tongue:

Nah, joke aside. I once tried Arena, but didn't get far before getting killed by some goblins and after that happen I stop playing Arena.

Also, I never played Daggerfall. But I think I have spent about 3000+ hours, probably over 5000+ hours, of playing Morrowind and still play it after more than 15 years since I bought a copy of Morrowind.

Back to topic. I'm looking forward to see what Bethesda come up with for TES 6, but seriously I won't buy it if they use the same quest design they use in Skyrim as it has flaws.

I would dearly love to have the skills to implement a 3D map in tes games........ (fallout games as well.....) but sadly, nope. I am inadequate. :D

I don't even wanna think about how many hours I have in, playing morrowind, modding it, and writing scripts.......

You know, it's never too late to learn and even I have learned a little about modding in Morrowind.

What aspect of questing did you not care for??

The Forbidden Legend quest is one quest of a few quests that Bethesda screw it up completely.

If the player continue to go through Arngeir's word of power quests, after finishing the Jurgen of Windcaller quest, that has random locations one will sooner rather than later end up with a quest marker for Folgunthur usually after the High Gate Ruins.

In Folgunthur the player will obtain a book and a writ of seal and reading one of these items will start the Forbidden Legend quest. The next loaction for that quest is most ilkely Saarthal, which is a locked location and tied to the College of Winterhold faction.

I really doubt Bethesda knew what they were doing when creating the Forbidden Legend quest, because logically in RL how can the player know that Saarthal is tied to the College of Winterhold hence for being locked. How? I dunno, do you know how?

In RL that's almost impossible to know such a thing unless one have already visit Winterhold and joined the College of Winterhold, otherwise it doesn't make sense IMO. What Bethesda should do instead is to do the same thing as they did for the Mage's Guild quest in Nchuleftingth via the letter of introduction the player get from Hasphat Antabolis in the first quest in the MQ. Once the player enters and hand over the letter of introduction the player gets hired to find their guide Anes Vendu who is missing (later found dead).

A similar concept of a quest design would work in Skyrim, but did Bethesda do that no they did not. So, with that in mind the player get a quest stucked in the journal for the rest of the game unless joining the College of Winterhold.

That's what I am referring to when saying, if Bethesda used a similar quest design as they used in Skyrim then I would consider not to buy TES 6.

Yeah, that was rather a blunder on their part. I didn't like being forced to join the CoW just to get access for another quest........

Of course, that just wasn't a problem in Morrowind, as the dungeons were one level, with two or three rooms...... :smile:

Good idea for a mod. When are you gonna to release it? :tongue:

Nah, joke aside. I once tried Arena, but didn't get far before getting killed by some goblins and after that happen I stop playing Arena.

Also, I never played Daggerfall. But I think I have spent about 3000+ hours, probably over 5000+ hours, of playing Morrowind and still play it after more than 15 years since I bought a copy of Morrowind.

Back to topic. I'm looking forward to see what Bethesda come up with for TES 6, but seriously I won't buy it if they use the same quest design they use in Skyrim as it has flaws.

I would dearly love to have the skills to implement a 3D map in tes games........ (fallout games as well.....) but sadly, nope. I am inadequate. :D

I don't even wanna think about how many hours I have in, playing morrowind, modding it, and writing scripts.......

You know, it's never too late to learn and even I have learned a little about modding in Morrowind.

What aspect of questing did you not care for??

The Forbidden Legend quest is one quest of a few quests that Bethesda screw it up completely.

If the player continue to go through Arngeir's word of power quests, after finishing the Jurgen of Windcaller quest, that has random locations one will sooner rather than later end up with a quest marker for Folgunthur usually after the High Gate Ruins.

In Folgunthur the player will obtain a book and a writ of seal and reading one of these items will start the Forbidden Legend quest. The next loaction for that quest is most ilkely Saarthal, which is a locked location and tied to the College of Winterhold faction.

I really doubt Bethesda knew what they were doing when creating the Forbidden Legend quest, because logically in RL how can the player know that Saarthal is tied to the College of Winterhold hence for being locked. How? I dunno, do you know how?

In RL that's almost impossible to know such a thing unless one have already visit Winterhold and joined the College of Winterhold, otherwise it doesn't make sense IMO. What Bethesda should do instead is to do the same thing as they did for the Mage's Guild quest in Nchuleftingth via the letter of introduction the player get from Hasphat Antabolis in the first quest in the MQ. Once the player enters and hand over the letter of introduction the player gets hired to find their guide Anes Vendu who is missing (later found dead).

A similar concept of a quest design would work in Skyrim, but did Bethesda do that no they did not. So, with that in mind the player get a quest stucked in the journal for the rest of the game unless joining the College of Winterhold.

That's what I am referring to when saying, if Bethesda used a similar quest design as they used in Skyrim then I would consider not to buy TES 6.

Yeah, that was rather a blunder on their part. I didn't like being forced to join the CoW just to get access for another quest........

So, that means their slogan "Do what you want to do" are not quite accurate, if you know what I mean.

But it's never too late to create a mod for the Forbidden Legend quest. Unfortuntely, I don't know how to create such a mod.