Ugly snow thingies

Ardel

They are sesame. Like sesame hamburger buns, sesame donuts... this is sesame flavored snow!

All right, my very best guess is your ENB shader interpretation of certain data the wrong way. It helps if you show what ENB you use (and how much you edited the ENB menu). And another screenshot would help.

On the side note, I am very happy with Fluffy Snow, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8955
It does feel fluffy, maybe it will help mask your problem?

The new snow shader doesn't play well with a lot of things.

Personally, I like it... I'm probably one of the few (at least that's how it seems. Lots of hate going on for SE's updated features. I think it's just stubbornness)… Because of that, I ended up dropping mod choices in the process. Everyone else will have to disable the effect and/or mess with the INI files.

Snow shader is a step up from Bethesda. Nice work for Vanilla. However, since we all use ENB and texture replacement, these have yet to catch up with the new shader for Skyrim SE. In fact, if ENB developer doesn't care about it, maybe he doesn't see any gain in adapting to the new shader. More work with no gain! So our quick fix is to disable the new shader.

People who play without mod (or without snow texture mod) nor ENB (like console players) would probably enjoy this new shader a lot. Just not us.

Snow shader is a step up from Bethesda. Nice work for Vanilla. However, since we all use ENB and texture replacement, these have yet to catch up with the new shader for Skyrim SE. In fact, if ENB developer doesn't care about it, maybe he doesn't see any gain in adapting to the new shader. More work with no gain! So our quick fix is to disable the new shader.

People who play without mod (or without snow texture mod) nor ENB (like console players) would probably enjoy this new shader a lot. Just not us.

lol.. I don't. I've been playing for years, and mostly used ENBoost for Oldrim. Nothing on SE. I see even less need now.

I do however use different environmental features and textures, but lately, I've even resorted back to vanilla from those! I've dropped things like Realistic Water and Better Dynamic Snow.. lets just say I'm doing a vanilla run (with visuals) and found a new appreciation for it. For those with Snow stuff definitely turn off the new Shaders though. Especially Better Dynamic Snow.

Just saying.. I happen to like the new shader and general look of vanilla. It just doesn't play well with some things. It makes the snow of Skyrim hard and really freezing and almost blue-ish at times. Not fluffy or soft. And the glistening crystal effect stands out the best with Bethesda's textures. No one else is actually doing this, so it's offering a feature that makes it stand out. It's not just for non-ENB people. I only miss Better Dynamic Snow... since dynamic features are cooler in general. No Snow Under the Roof is also an awesome mod, but it's a freaking headache. These things require too many patches or either work in a limited number of spots.

There are problems with Dynamic snow in SSE so I refrain from using it. It's aesthetic anyway. However, I love the "thick snow" effect in which we are knee deep in snow in certain part. I just watched this "The mountain between us" movie in which 2 strangers find themselves crashlanded in a snow mountain with no rescue team to come. oh They have a dog with them. The dog seems happy as ever, jumping and running in snow up to his neck. Watching this movie, I kept thinking ... get fur armor, start camp fire, make a bow to shoot bunnies for food.... Why do you 2 worry about dying where Skyrim people literately live in this condition for years on end. For hunters, this is all they have (in reference to many hunters we meet in Skyrim). Ok, it is a good movie, but it is fun to bring Skyrim relevancy in.

Yeah its aesthetic. Do whatever you want. But if you were me, I would also download that foot print mod. I only complain the foot print effect not obvious enough. I used to like Fluffy snow, but I find the transition between the snow and other ground texture too jarring. So I went with a middle road with something else.