Photo

Where does Vortex store its mods?

Best Answer Tannin42 , 30 December 2018 - 10:24 AM

Well, the directory where mods are stored can be customised - if you did that we can obviously not tell you what you put there.

The default though is %APPDATA%\Vortex\skyrim, the downloads (mods in their packed format like .7z) are in %APPDATA%\vortex\downloads\skyrim

%APPDATA% is something you can put into the navigation line of explorer, it will automatically be replaced with "c:\users\<your username>\appdata\roaming"

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Souperintendent

Souperintendent

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 187 posts

So my OS is installed to a 64 GB SSD, which means I only have like 10 or less GB free at any given time. As such, I have Nexus Mod Manager and my mods installed on other, much larger drives. But because apparently Vortex doesn't auto update if it's not installed to the C drive (WTF?), I installed it to that, and planned to have the mods installed to a different drive still.

But when I imported the mods from NMM, it started filling up my C drive, and now it's almost full. I uninstalled Vortex, but that didn't uninstall the mods. Now I have no idea where all this crap is taking up space.

Anyone know where to look?

Tannin42

Tannin42

Resident poster

• Admin
  • 2,590 posts

Settings->Mods

You can also move your mods from there.

BathSaltKnight

BathSaltKnight

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Settings->Mods

You can also move your mods from there.

I uninstalled Skyrim and forgot to uninstall the mods first. It says "Please select a game to manage first". I now have 20 gb of wasted space and i have no idea where it is.

Tannin42

Tannin42

Resident poster

• Admin
  • 2,590 posts
✓  Best Answer

Well, the directory where mods are stored can be customised - if you did that we can obviously not tell you what you put there.

The default though is %APPDATA%\Vortex\skyrim, the downloads (mods in their packed format like .7z) are in %APPDATA%\vortex\downloads\skyrim

%APPDATA% is something you can put into the navigation line of explorer, it will automatically be replaced with "c:\users\<your username>\appdata\roaming"

BathSaltKnight

BathSaltKnight

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hey, thank you very much. Very Grateful :)

Auxitism

Auxitism

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 9 posts

Me aswell . 300 gigs 

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.217 seconds