TAlexFallout

Hey guys! this is my first time posting in the forums, its because i have had this idea for a mod for a long time and really want to work on it with some people (if anyone is interested) the final push for me making this post was the announcement that fallout 76 has no true story driven single player mode. im sure the game will be fine on its own but for fans like me we should show how much single player will be missed. im going to lay everything out about this however, i have never touched the creation kit, im simply not a modder yet, id love to get there with some help though. that being said if anyone is interested you can reply to this so we can hopefully get to talking about working on this mod ^-^

Here is a small outline of the setting; This mod will take place in the southern united states, ive been thinking of using the state of South Carolina as it has plenty of history that could be used for inspiration, as well as being the state that invented the category of music "Beach music" which would fit well with fallouts feel i think. The story starts when the sole survivor picks up a radio station playing songs similar to that in the game mafia 2 (things like duane eddys "Movin n Groovin" might be perfect) which will point the sole survivor south to the mods starting area.

Once the player arrives it will be raveled that the south has split in a war similar to that of the Vietnam war. the two main sides would be the brotherhood of steel facing off against a group of ghouls that have been around since before the bombs feel and other more modern day ghouls that wish to join them. these ghouls would have advanced technology that the brotherhood haven't seen, some similar to big mountains technology, things like a auto doc stealth suit and sound wave gun.

the bonus to sided with the brotherhood would be more powerful power armor, maybe getting a unique set only available through them, the ghouls would be able to share the strongest technology they have with the player. both sides would have multiple patrols traveling throughout the area, similar to skyrims civil war only more intense. i just think this would be an interesting idea, i understand if its a bit much, but i thought i could give my two cents at the very least, i would love to talk more about this idea if anyone is interested, thank you for the long read :smile:

This makes me ask the question, what is going on in the eastern half of the united states (particularly the south) in the lore? Fallout 1, 2, & New Vegas pretty much covered a good chunk of the western half. Fallout 3 & 4 only really covered "New England" type area.

This makes me ask the question, what is going on in the eastern half of the united states (particularly the south) in the lore? Fallout 1, 2, & New Vegas pretty much covered a good chunk of the western half. Fallout 3 & 4 only really covered "New England" type area.

right? this is why i was thinking the southern us would be an interesting area (i also live in the southern us so designs would come easier) to explore and play around in. The south is almost never mentioned in any of the games, only the upper parts of the us. this area could be a place for an all new story, something different then anything we have seen before.

There is a Fallout Miami or something to that being developed, FYI, unless that is what you were referring to in that case you already knew.

No, I hadn't heard that. I'll have to look it up.

Fallout 3 & 4 only really covered "New England" type area.

Fallout 3 had a DLC called Point Lookout which had a definite southern feel to it.

true, but it was only that one area and had a single style, ive been thinking about a story area that has different styles of quests and different feels all around, basically i would want to make something new.