Monitor choice

WFRJ

Looking at 32" monitors

I don't play fast games. When I have time I play rpg only.

Never had a VA panel or an ISP only TN.

Is there a big difference in VA and ISP as color goes?

Is gray2gray important in rpg's?

G-sync?

Advice?

Thanks

IPS panels (Not ISP) tend to be the best of the three in terms of image quality and viewing angle. Since you're looking at nothing above 60 FPS, G-sync would just be an unnecessary expense. What screen resolution did you have in mind?

Edited by GoliathUnit13074

I have not looked at resolution too strongly. I do not watch movies on my pc. I suppose 4k is the thing to have but I am just after good monitor with a decent response time. I would not mind having 3840 x 2160. I have always wanted to stay with 16:9 or the newer 1:78:1.

My vid card in 980ti.

I have loved my ASUS PB278 for several years but it now has a full vertical purple streak of dead so a good excuse to up the grade.

Hi

I use a 32" LG 4k VA monitor. I bought it last cyber Monday for $350 at newegg.

With a 980 ti I played Skyrim SE at 4k with Reshade. Frame rate is in the 40s. Very playable.

If like me you only do 60fps gaming go 4k 32".

All the 4k panels I have owned were excellent at 1440 as well.

The downside to 4k gaming is that it takes a lot of GPU power. I now use a GTX 1080 ti.

The other negative is that they are terrible at 1080 resolution. At least the ones I have owned(Samsung TN 28", ASUS TN 28" & LG VA 32").

For the type of games I play I prefer VA monitors. Although the next monitor I will buy will be a 3840 x 1600 IPS widescreen monitor if I get a deal next cyber Monday.

Later

Thanks for the information so far

I live in USA.

Acer Predator XB321HK or Asus PB328Q or LG 32GK850G-N or BenQ PD3200U

I have never been a huge fan of Acer.

Edited by WFRJ

Hi

LG 32GK850G-N This is an expensive 2560 x 1440 VA monitor with G-Sync. It is a high refresh rate monitor with the response time of a 60hz monitor. If you can get it on sale go for it($650).

ASUS PB328Q The specs on this panels make more sense than the LG. It is also a 2560 x 1440 VA. If I was in the market for a 2k monitor this would be at the top of my list.

BenQ PD3200U is a 4k IPS monitor. If it had G-Sync it would be worth the price. Two of your choices are VA panels. Why not go for a cheaper 4k VA panel like I did(LG 32UD59-B 32")?

If you are not planning to update your video card any time soon the ASUS PB328Q is your best choice.

Later

I have a 27" Dell S2716DG; G-Sync that I run at 2560x1440 ("2K") @ 144Hz from a GTX1060 w/6GB.

At that resolution & refresh rate I see an avg. of 70-90 fps for most games with zero stutter or screen tearing.

Got it on sale for $499.

Points to remember:

a. 4K is the future. More-and-more content will be developed/optimized for that resolution on BIG screens.

b. G-Sync vs. FreeSync; your GPU determines which you can use. nVidia for the former, AMD for the latter. No mix-n-match. You can drive ANY monitor from either type of card, but to get the special "sync" function that eliminates the need for v-sync within the application you need the right one for the type you have.

Size and resolution being equal, G-Sync monitors are more expensive as they require an additional chip (licensed from nVidia) but Freesync ones impose more processing overhead so might not be quite as speedy.