Open Community  ·  3 members

BattleTech

Does the "DiscountModifier" even work?

Vulture82

Hi, I'm trying to come up with new mods based around Morphyums StoreTagEnabler.

Doing that I have tried to fiddle a bit with the "DiscountModifier" that you can find under every item in every shop.json, but either my shop-files are missing a value, tag or whatever, or the damn DiscountModifier doesn't work as I thought it should, because the actual price of my test-item always stays the same (already accounting for discount based off of reputation).

Wouldn't be the first setting in the game that apparently serves no function anymore, but I wanted to make sure.

Has anyone managed to get the DiscountModifier to work?

Edit: Same goes for the setting "Purchasable" in every item-file as well.

No matter if it is true or false, as long as there is a shop-file selling it, you can buy it in game.

Edited by Vulture82

Yeah, seems like it. The files and even the Assembly-CSharp.dll are apparently full of these "Forgotten Children", so it becomes a lot of fun when you try to find out which value does what or which string is even valid -,-

CriticalComponent true actually does something.

I've used that in my first mod to balance out a custom equipment that emulates the ten internal heatsinks being double heatsink, i.e. the equpipment sinks - 30 by itself.

Pretty overpowered, right? Well, here's the catch (the equipment can only be installed into the center torso btw), CriticalComponent is set to yes which means as soon as the equipment recieves a critical hit in combat, not only is the equipment automatically destroyed instead of being damaged first, THE WHOLE MECH is instantly out of the fight! (But only the equipment is destroyed, the rest of the mech is undamaged).

I explained that in-lore that it is a total conversion of the whole heatsink system and destroying it will disable ALL heatsinks which forces the mech to emergency shutdown.

Quite a neat thing to balance overpowered equipments or weapons imoh ^^