... I REALLY hope I'm doing this right,

(haven't really used forums since IRC, sad I know lol) but I have a mod Request.

I have posted this in the Xbox Live club Unofficial Fallout Community and was sent here.

Here goes,

To any mod authors whom are: A) Good with requesting permission from the license holder & B) A somewhat proficient artist (as I am garbage)

I would REALLY like the use of the KrugerSec Armor (preferably modular) that the various NPC's use in Mirror's Edge: Catalyst.

There are around 6 different Variants,

Security officer

Armored security officer

Special Weapons and Tactics

Heavy Support

Sniper

Pursuit cop

Most of these seem to come with a Tactical Helmet of some sort as well.

Now, as far as I am aware, the rights are owned by EA Digital Illusions CE AB (basically EA Dice)

That is all I know about requesting a mod. If I've done something wrong please inform me (either here or on Xbox Live 'KhakiNerfHerder')

Thank you for reading, and even giving this a modicum of your attention!

If this is possible... Epic!

If not, c'est la vie!

in fact , you've done several things wrong

first of all , the Nexus is a site for PC modding . we can't support console mods , and thus we don't support console mods

as such , requesting console mods isn't accepted in our forums (Bethesda.net is the place for this)

you have also requested a mod that is either based on or uses official files from another game

while you seem to have actually done some research , you need to understand that most game developers don't allow their files to be used on other games

as far as I'm aware , Dice doesn't allow for such things . if you want to use their assets in a mod , it is up to you to provide proof of permission to do so

so all in all , while making requests in general is allowed here (though I think most people expect way too much , considering how many requests are completely ignored , and usually for a good reason) , your requests still need to abide the rules of the site

so using copyright protected materials without permission is an obvious no go , and making requests for console mods is also a no go here

Thank you for the information, as I said I only came here because I was pointed here by multiple individuals.

I also posted this in Other Consoles so I figured this was where it went (my bad).

After reading the full tos I did not see where it said I could not request console mods through here (again, my bad, probably should've read harder).

Mostly I was hoping I could get ANY other information on how to go about getting the permission and maybe finding someone whom liked the idea enough to run with it.

Again, thank you for the response.

I’m a little confused, the request aside but now that console mods exist this isn’t exactly a PC only site any more. At least in my humble opinion that is. It should be valid for console players to come here and make requests that are of corse within the nexus rules.

I play the game on both PC and Xbox, I do a lot to support console mods I Again don’t see an issue with console players making requests here.

And in no way do I mean this to be argumentative, nor am I being a troll.

However,

If you do not wish to have console mod requests, the other systems forum should be a separate site.

Otherwise, you're going to get a lot of individuals like myself whom come here for information on their console mods, (as this is pretty much the birth place of Gaming Modification) & whom feel conflicted about this site after the first encounter.

Mine (by my reckoning, which could very well be false) is being told that using the site the way I read in the TOS was acceptable, is in fact Unacceptable.

Seriously though, even if it's not helpful DIRECTLY to console users.. I understand that, with patience, we'll eventually see Nexus Birthed mods ported over (CROSS in particular - was legit hoping the CROSS mod authors would run with my idea lol.-)

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond!

I'll say this

as far as console requests go , this is by far the most appropriate one I've seen done so far

the fact that you posted this in the Other Systems forums , trying to check for the license owner , this is something that most other users won't even bother doing

so I commend you for doing so

I can't tell you exactly where it says that this site is for PC mods only , but I guess it's because these rules were written a long time before console modding was introduced

however , I have spoken with the senior staff members on such topics in the past , and the staff's position is that since we can't host console mods here , this is not the place to discuss them

hence we redirect users making such requests to Bethesda.net , where people can upload console mods

So Dark0ne has a don’t ask don’t tell police? I still don’t understand why people that have questions even if they are console players are being told to go away. We should be happy that some are smart enough to come and ask the people in the know questions. The request aside again! That’s not what I’m talking about here.

no one told you not to discuss console games here

I apologize if I didn't make it clearer , so I'll try to rephrase it

you are allowed to discuss console games here . this is why this forum exists

the issue arises from console modding . since (as far as I know) only Bethesda allows for console modding so far , and these are only available through Bethesda.net and the ingame mod menu , we can't host such mods here

as such , I was told to make it clear to users discussing console modding that the Nexus can't support it in any way , and thus these users should be directed to Bethesda.net , where such mods are supported

I hope this clears it up

however , I've brought this up with the staff again

so I hope to clear up the issue , and hopefully have the staff's official stance in the rules if necessary

don't take my words as Dark0ne's . if I made some mistake in this regards , this is on me and me alone , not the staff and definitely not Dark0ne

I'm a new moderator , so there are still things I'm not too certain about , and not all the rules are so clear

as such , I apologize in advance if I misled anyone , or gave misinformation

I hope to have an official statement from the senior staff soon , so I'll do my best to clear this up as soon as I can

No worries boyo! I'm a grown man and can accept when I don't know something.

And right now, going about trying to get a mod either made or even THOUGHT about... Is something completely new to me.

I just play the darn things lol.

I was not offended, simply confused.

And life is a learning experience for everyone.

I have posted a relevant article on Beth.net. I shall also, still look here for any possible future responses or information.

Thank you for the knowledge, no joke.