Master/Slave pairs - must slave.esp necessarily be a slave to master.esp's masters?

Hi guys, quick question about Master/Slave esp relationships:

As a simple example, if I make a mod a slave to AWKCR's ALL DLC version (which is itself a slave to all the dlc obviously), must I declare the DLC masters of my mod, even if the records I'm referencing from AWKCR don't draw on the DLC?

If it doesn't require the DLC as masters too, would I be correct in assuming that my mod would work with either the Vanilla or All DLC versions of the AWKCR esm, since they are both named the same?

I believe you are correct , but I'm not 100% certain

however , this should be rather easy to test

you can make a simple plugin that only touches a single non DLC record of AWKCR , and try to load it into the game or FO4Edit while either not loading the DLCs or moving them (temporarily) to a different folder

or you could try making this plugin with the all DLC version of AWKCR , replace that with the no DLC version , and see if it'll load properly

I think both options should give you a rather clear answer regarding your question , and both should be very easy and quick to test

I believe you are correct , but I'm not 100% certain

however , this should be rather easy to test

you can make a simple plugin that only touches a single non DLC record of AWKCR , and try to load it into the game or FO4Edit while either not loading the DLCs or moving them (temporarily) to a different folder

or you could try making this plugin with the all DLC version of AWKCR , replace that with the no DLC version , and see if it'll load properly

I think both options should give you a rather clear answer regarding your question , and both should be very easy and quick to test

Thank you for the response. I guess I should have included that my concern would be that instead of the obvious on-load CTD there might be some obscure, not-so-easy to diagnose situational stuff down the line. To be honest I don't really foresee a problem, just wanted to gather information if anyone had any.

Your actually correct so long as AWKCR, and AWKCR all DLC have the same file name. For example I did exactly this in my Crafting Control mod. With the modular versions the user can choose any these as a master.

Crafting Control,

Crafting Control + CC Modern Furniture,

Crafting Control + CC Home Decor,

Crafting Control + CC Slocum Joe's,

Crafting Control + CC Arcade Pack,

This is also assuming you don’t use anything that is exclusively in the all DLC version. (I don’t use AWKCR, I understand what it does but have not actually looked at it’s guts.