Help replacing an NPC's body

Sirkobalt

Hi :3!

I was making some research on ways to change an individual npc's body mesh, and I saw a bunch of posts replies with tes5edit, ck, custom races, and all of those scary words that I know nothing about :'v (the mos "advanced" thing I've done is troubleshooting, messing with load orders and that kinds of stuff).

The thing is, I was tinkering around with Bodyslide and wanted to make a body preset for my character and a slightly exaggerated and "sexy" if you will (and if you take a look at it you probably would 7u7) for Lydia "Yay I thought, now I'll be able to make Lydia as thicc as I want :D", but then I realised that I can't or don't know how to do it just by replacing files on the game's root folder, and highly doubt it's even possible, I just want to change Lydia specifically because I guess I had a messed up childhood or something.

I thought about downloading a mod that replaces Lydia and modify the files with tutorials, magic and a load of ambition, but, since I have Extensive Follower Framework and Capable Housecarls I'm not sure if getting one of this mods will interfere, I'm asking for a hand here because I don't know how to proceed with this and wanted all of you beautiful people to help me solve my problem please :'3.

I'm using Oldrim btw.

We have all been there before, wanting to take the first baby steps to customise our own game. In your case, if you don't want to dabble in the CK/Tes5edit yet, the simplest way is do download a Lydia replacer mod which has the same body type as your custom version (CBBE or UNP). Unpack the mod with the program 7zip and replace the body meshes (femalebody_0/1.nif) with your custom version. Repack the mod with 7zip and you can now add it to your mod manager and activate it. Make sure this new mod is loaded after everything else that modifies Lydia, if any.

In game, if she is naked you will see the new body shape, but if clothed her body will take the shape of the armour/clothes that come with the mod,

Hope this helps

Happy modding