Morrowind Seasonal Summer of Content Modding Challenges

darkelfguy

Morrowind Seasonal Summer of Content Modding Challenges 2018

Description:

Summer's here, with the heat, and the humidity, and the bright sunny and shiny days, and all that truly awful stuff. Instead of going outside, getting sunburned, why not stay inside and mod this Summer with the Morrowind Seasonal Summer of Content Modding Challenges? Starting June 21st and going through to September 1st, Morrowind Modding Showcases is hosting a series of modding challenges to make and release everything from small quest mods, to big landmass mods, new factions, and town mods. Create a new faction to go on adventures around Vvardenfell, or create your own tropical island paradise, where the rays of a virtual sun can never harm you, or just make a few fetch quests to pass the time. We have around 40 achievements that can be unlocked and added to your mod page by making and releasing various content mods, so just say no to the heat and humidity, stay inside, make mods, and earn those sweet, sweet 'cheevos!

This is the first in a new planned series of seasonal modding challenges, where each season of the year, you'll be greeted with new challenges to make different types of mods that you can earn unique achievements for, with about 40 achievements each season, including both hidden and common achievements. Try and unlock them all to become the modding master of Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring!

Of course, for our first seasonal challenge, we're doing the Seasonal Summer of Content, covering quest, faction, town, and landmass mods, including faction and town expansions or overhauls. To start unlocking achievements, just release a mod in one of these categories between June 21st and September 1st! You can find a full list of achievements, including the names of the hidden achievements, down below.

The Morrowind Seasonal Summer of Content - Achievement List:

Check out the Achievements Flyer here!

1. Champion of Summer - Emperor Mastery - Achieve All Common and Hidden Achievements
  2. Master of Summer - Imperial City Mastery - Achieve All Common Public Achievements
  3. A Warrior's Legacy - Umbra Mastery - Unlock All Copper and Silver Level Masteries
  4. You Have Proven Yourself - King Helseth Mastery - Achieve Over 2500 Downloads Across All Mods Submitted for the Summer of Content
  5. Rank and Influence - Duke Vedam Dren Mastery - Achieve At Least 25 Endorsements and 1000 Downloads on a Single Mod
  6. Cult of Personalty - Feyfolken Mastery - Achieve 25 Endorsements on a Single Mod
  7. We Are Legion - Darius Mastery - Release 5 Mods in Summer
  8. Grasping Fortune - House Hlaalu Mastery - Achieve at least 1000 Downloads on a Single Mod
  9. Destined For Great Things - Queen Barenziah Mastery - Achieve 1000 Downloads Across All Mods Submitted for the Summer of Content
  10. Earthly Delights - Desele Mastery - Achieve 10 Endorsements on a Single Mod
  11. Journeyman's Reports - Ajira Mastery - Release 3 Mods in Summer
  12. Arrille's Tradehouse - Arrille Mastery - Achieve Over 100 Downloads on a Single Mod
  13. The Guilded Age - Release a Faction Mod
  14. Hrisskar's Task - Release a Quest Mod
  15. New Worlds Await - Release a Landmass Mod
  16. Settling Down - Release a Town Mod
  17. Twin Lamps - Release Two Mods in Summer
  18. It Just Works - Todd Howard Mastery - Release a Mod That Covers All Categories for Summer
  19. Tale of Two Towns - Release a Quest, Landmass, or Faction Mod Involving At Least Two Towns
  20. Guild Wars - Release a Quest Mod Involving Conflict Between Two or More Factions
  21. Thinking Inside The Cell - Release a Landmass Mod Completely Within An Interior Cell Acting Like an Exterior
  22. Building Up Your Legacy - Release a Town Mod which is Built or Expanded Over Time Through Player Action
  23. Taskmaster - Release a Quest Mod with at Least 5 Quests
  24. The Choice Is Yours - Release a Quest Mod with More Than One Outcome
  25. An Admiring Ally - Cooperate with at Least One Other Modder to Release a Summer mod

Hidden Achievements:

1. What's Mine is Mine
  2. Restless Spirit
  3. Maiden's Token
  4. Exterminator
  5. Fetcher!
  6. Literacy Campaign
  7. Diverging Factions
  8. Island Residence
  9. Disappearance of the Dwarves
  10. Gotta Join Them All
  11. We're Watching You, Scum!
  12. Expansionist
  13. Fargoth's Hiding Place

Participation and How It Works:

To participate, all you need to do is release a quest, town, landmass or faction mod between June 21st and September 1st, and we'll send you your achievements as you unlock them, which you can then embed into your mod descriptions if you so desire. To be clear though, this is NOT a modding competition, there are no winners or losers, just a bunch of challenges for you to try and accomplish during the Summer! We will be showcasing one or two mods each week with special promotions, but there's no random-drawing winners or prizes or anything like that really, just achievements you can unlock.

Anyway, I hope this adds a little bit of extra fun in the safe air-conditioned indoors this Summer, and I hope you'll be encouraged to go out there and make mods for this amazing one of a kind game!

If you don't know how to mod, check out our Let's Mod Morrowind series for a visual guide to modding - including interiors, basic scripting, landmass creation and quest design.

Edited by darkelfguy

Awesome mate as always. Summer is my busy time but I will try as ever to join in. By the look of your signature I'm not the only one that plays too much Civ IV :D

I shall add this link to my blog as soon as I get a second. Good luck all that join in! The achievements are fun to have.

Edited by RubberMan01