Heavy Traffic ×

Mask mod - invisible in game

I have made a custom mesh in Blender 2.70, (a mask) and used the dragon priest skeleton, got it through Nifskope and I've set up an armour entry in the CK - all for SSE. Someone on reddit very kindly fixed a shader problem and set up a basic armour rigging for it as I'm very obviously just fumbling my way through this.

The ground icon shows up in game (there's no collision though, but I don't care, I just want the mask for now), it has an icon in the inventory, but it's not visible on my character and I've set up the textures as best I can based off what I've read.

- I've run it through NifUtilsSuite

- I've run SSE NIF Optimiser on the files

- I've tried copying the data from other mods/files (but that made CK crash)

I'd attach the nif if I could but it seems I don't have permission. However, I can send a private message to anyone who wants access to it.

If someone can help in any way, I'd be very grateful. I'm also giving permission for it to be shared and/or distributed. (also, sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum at first... oops)

My suggestion: Find another mask/circlet mesh and "copy branch" from your mask and "paste branch" to the other mask. This will immediately let you know if it is attached to the correct node (nifskope will yell at you). Then, use the resulting mesh as a "replacer" and see if your mesh shows up as the mask from that piece of equipment. You would at least know if you were good on your mesh at that point.

Keep in mind that it could easily be something terribly stupid you are forgetting as is usually the case with me. Things such as the Armor addon, the biped slot in the CK, if that slot is already used by some other mod you don't know about, etc.

My suggestion: Find another mask/circlet mesh and "copy branch" from your mask and "paste branch" to the other mask. This will immediately let you know if it is attached to the correct node (nifskope will yell at you). Then, use the resulting mesh as a "replacer" and see if your mesh shows up as the mask from that piece of equipment. You would at least know if you were good on your mesh at that point.

Keep in mind that it could easily be something terribly stupid you are forgetting as is usually the case with me. Things such as the Armor addon, the biped slot in the CK, if that slot is already used by some other mod you don't know about, etc.

I'll certainly give it a try

At this point I'm just clueless so anything is welcome

Thank you!