Video Hardware Unrecognised In Oblivion Launcher.

thomriis

Hi everyone.

I'm still having this problem where the launcher auto-detects my hardware to medium settings, And it all happened after i've updated win 10 to version 1803, Rolling the update back to version 1603 didn't solve it either.

1. Tried reinstalling the game (Goodbye modded game + 800 hours of gameplay), But problem resists.

2.Tried doing a fresh reinstall of my graphic-drivers in safe mode (Didn't change anything.

3.Tried rolling back my Nvidia drivers to the beginning of 2016 (No luck).

4.Updated everything in Device manager (Didn do anything)-

5.Been posting on 5 different forums (No help yet!!).

I can choose my 980 gpu's in the drop down menu and i can manually choose the games setting's in the option menu + The Nvidia control panel, But if i set it manually and max everything out i'm hit with severe lag in game performance and it seems like my cpu or gpu uses unneccesary resources.

I'm really out of ideas, And i would really appreciate some suggestions (Even if they're crazy) :geek:

Just tested it out of curiosity, and the game says the same to me about video hardware being unrecognised (screenshot in spoiler). Maybe it is related to the game being so old somehow. As for the performance, I have no idea, the game runs well enough for me considering the amount of mods I have piled on it. :blush: Mine is Windows 10 (64-bit), version 1803 (build 17134.112), with the latest graphics drivers from AMD (version 18.6.1) at the moment. Oblivion is running as a standard user (the one I play on is not even an admin account, I keep a separate admin account for admin stuff), and I have all compatibility modes and other things like it disabled.

Though one thing I have done is disable all the Xbox services, uninstall the Xbox app, disable the Game DVR recording/broadcasting whatever thingy and the like that Microsoft is pushing to Windows 10. I do not need that stuff myself, and I actually have no idea if disabling/removing it does anything, but since you mentioned being up for crazy ideas, that might be one? But if trying out too crazy ideas breaks something and you need to reinstall the OS then it might be best done whenever you are prepared to reinstall it? :unsure:

Oblivion-Misc-VideoHardwareUnrecognised.

Edited by Contrathetix