Is it normal for 1h weapons to do so much damage? [Legendary Difficulty]

DoubleTroubIe

You reminded of my days in WoW. I started as a healer. I got into serious competitive PVP (because it didn't require me to apply and join a big guild like a job to PVE). At one point I was literately the top shadow priest on server. Then arena came out, and everyone had motivation to learn PVP, as we also compete with other servers. So I literately learned every class' PVP abilities. All 12 classes, 3 builds per class (technically 2, the 3rd tree is PVE heavy = piece of cake to kill), so it came to some 24 possible builds. Yet I knew them all, their strengths, weaknesses, what abilities to watch out, their timers. When updates came, I literately spent all night reading the changes and figured out how it would affect the balance of PvP. And then spent great deal of time dueling with friends to learn ways to fight certain classes. It's like Kung fu mastery. Too scary. I am glad I got out of it.

But knowing 1 class doesn't mean I can be good at 1 class. Warriors usually suppressed priests, but I had the hardest time against priest as warrior. However, I was so good against rogues. The best rogues on server probably had 50% chance to beat my warrior, and some 10% chance to beat my priest and mage, regardless of how godly gear they have. It was due to overwhelming amount of knowledge about the enemy and practices.

Because of WoW and the hardcoreness of it, I refuse to play any MMORPG any longer :) You know it is a luxury to be a clueless newbie? A lot of my gear setup in Skyrim is entirely for aesthetic and role playing element. After I am bored with a vampire, I am going to get a true barbarian up. A towering hairy Nord warrior, man among men, crude and quick to anger. I am going to get the biggest warhammer :) Still, I can't put him into a full plate that is covered head to toe. In what setup do you think it makes sense to have a full plated? Maybe vampire hunter like in Claymore anime? If you haven't seen that one, it's a medieval vampire hunting series featuring all female vampire hunters clad in heavy plate. It's quite a sad story, with a lot of violence and suffering. Well, quite like Skyrim.