Invisible area between neck and body!!!

Xotana

That's it ppl, as you can see in this screenshot, a "necklace of invisibility" in the junction between neck and body:

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7458/tesv2012051500111533.png

Mods installed:

ApachiiSkyHair

ApachiiSkyHair NPC Overhaul (with the 3 fixes included for the black head bug).

CBBE V3

CBBE Skin Texture V2 Ve plus Thepal and UNP compatible

Luscious Faces - Photo Realistic Female Faces

This only happens on some female NPCs, others look perfect.

Tried to uninstall all of these, result is the same. Did a fresh install with face mods only (no bodies) and the result is the same!

Did uninstalls in different order and result is always the same.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Edited by Xotana

I get this problem a lot also, normally what I do that sometimes works.

I use the console command to set the weight to whatever and I save and exit skyrim.

Go into the launcher and disable the mods that could possibly affect it and hit okay. Then go back into the data files and recheck them again. and That works for me sometimes.

Just tried it but it doesn't work. Thanks anyway.

Also if I uninstall ApachiiSkyAir and disable it in DATA FILES my game crashes on startup loading screen!!!! WTF!!!

Edited by Xotana

Just tried it but it doesn't work. Thanks anyway.

Also if I uninstall ApachiiSkyAir and disable it in DATA FILES my game crashes on startup loading screen!!!! WTF!!!

I also had this problem and put it down to one of the NPC mods I had.

I solved it by uninstalling Face mod, then uninstall body texture mod, then uninstall CBBE.

Re-install CBBE, Body texture, Face mod in that order. Then use texblend from Cailante Tools in your Skyrim data folder to fix neck seam.

All should be ok after this. If not you could try opening console and then click on the NPC. Type in disable. close console. NPC will dissappear. Open console. Without clicking on anything type in enable then close console and the NPC will re-appear but with neck problem gone. I have had to do with a couple of times myself when an NPC got messed up.

Hope this helps :)

You can't uninstall my mod if you use the NPC Overhaul mod because that mod uses my esm as a source for textures for the hair so you will have CTD if you use that mod without my esm file.

If you want the NPC mod to work perfect you have to install hundreds of MB of meshes and put in facegendata folder for each NPC that is changed in game to avoid face color issues and each of those NPCs uses a hair that needs the textures from my mod.

About your neck seam problem I have no idea what it can be.

Does it only happen when not wearing head gear? If so the BSDismemberSkinInstance>Partitions>Partitions>Body Part is not numbered correctly. I know some people get lazy and just number everything 32 but that's for the body and you'll have gaps at the wrists and ankles when wearing partial sets if you don't have them numbered 32, 38 and 34. Unfortunately I don't know the numbers for the head parts but I don't see any mods that are changing the head so I'm not sure if that's the problem. Does the Luscious Faces have nif files or is it all textures?

"I also had this problem and put it down to one of the NPC mods I had.

I solved it by uninstalling Face mod, then uninstall body texture mod, then uninstall CBBE.

Re-install CBBE, Body texture, Face mod in that order. Then use texblend from Cailante Tools in your Skyrim data folder to fix neck seam.

All should be ok after this. If not you could try opening console and then click on the NPC. Type in disable. close console. NPC will dissappear. Open console. Without clicking on anything type in enable then close console and the NPC will re-appear but with neck problem gone. I have had to do with a couple of times myself when an NPC got messed up."

@ TazmanNZL The above didn't work (neither did the disable/enable option), thank though. I appreciate.

@Apachii - Just trying to understand why removing facegengdata folder causes invisibility to go away and get color mismatch back on. If I place the facegendata again back on, color mismatch goes away but this invisibility shows up.

Apachii, I unistalled both your mods and game CTDs......on startup loading, can't go even see the letters play, load etc...

@DizzasterJuice - Luscious faces only comes with textures, no .nif files. As to the rest, the pic I uploaded belongs to a regular female NPC, as I said, some have this issue and others are perfect. Removing the helmet from one on my followers didn't cause any issue.

Thank you all for the help, I guess I'll reinstall the game in a week or so if meanwhile I can't fix this and pick diff hair and body mods. What freaks me out is that thre's ppl using the same mods I do and don't have this issue!!! Oh well, Skyrim is full of misteries.

Edited by Xotana

CBBE V3

CBBE Skin Texture V2

There's your issue. Use navetsea's textures for V3 and it should sort itself out.

Sometimes, there will still be a tiny line if the outfit on the npc is a CBBEv2-based one.

Mmmm, on Nexus the mod title says "CBBE skin texture V2 V3 " so it's V2 and V3 compatible right??

I think I'll lleave CBBE and Apachii hairs and go for ADEC and coolsim hair.

Thanks for your reply.